Orlistat

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have now finished my 3rd try on Orlistat. I haven't ever lost more than 3 lbs, at the most. So depressing.

I am very strict with our diet. My husband eats the same as I do. He is diabetic so we follow a healthy meal plan every week.

On Wednesday I go in for a Flexi. .. to see what the problem is....finally.

I have 3 stone too loose.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jane, I have been on orlistat for four days and have lost 4lbs so far, I have 6.5 stone to lose so I have cut my calories down to a maximum Of 1500 a day, I eating lots of lean grilled meats for dinner with salads, have you tried following a plan in combination with the tablets? I have seen a lot of people on here say they are doing a plan with the tablets which is working for them, also the main rule with these tablets seems to be when looking at foods to eat the food must be no more that 5grams per 100gram portion. I do hope the tablets start to work for you.
    • Posted

Thank you Bella for your reply. 

I do all the above. 

I am now waiting for Thursday...I have a big problem with my bowels.

its very depressing when I read how successful some people are with their diets, on the other hand, I do feel happy for them.

i hope you continue to loose and thank you.

• Posted

That must be so frustrating :-( do you take any medication that could be causing it? I take alot of steroids which are terrible when you are trying to lose weight. I hope they find out what the problem is.

ali x

• Posted

Hi Ali,

Last year I stopped all medication except the one I couldn't .

All the best Ali xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.