Orlistat 5 weeks now wait has stopped

Posted , 7 users are following.

please please can some one help me I have been on orlistat now for about 5 weeks Iv lost 8lb but past 2 weeks my weight will not shift not even a pound. I have been going gym 5 days a week and swimming 1 day and eating very healthy, I am going on holiday 4th June and I'm desperate to get this weight off me anyone had the same problem or any ideas 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

This is whats happening to me.

I am male weighing 17 stone, I visit the gym and work out hard. I also eat ery healthy and yet I remain the same weight. My GP told me I'd lose weight on these Orlistat tablets which is why he placd me on them.

Your like me relying on the gym to lose weight.

• Posted

I no how you feel I'm trying my dam hardest and it's just not moving, I don't understand why my weight has stopped after loosing it so quickly
  • Posted

Same here I'm on wk 6 start weight was 18st

14th Feb!!

I got down to 16.9 around wk 4 but last 2 wks I'm back to 17st and I ain't changed a thing

• Posted

well done taffytydfil on your weight loss, it's so annoying I hope it don't stay like this not loosing anymore I'm buggerd if it's the case I have pcos so it's hard to loose it 
    • Posted

Thank u I've just invested in a cross trainer to see if that help

• Posted

I have been on Orlistat for 3 weeks, following a strict low fat diet, eating nowhere near 15g a meal and about 20g fat a day, maximum. Lost absolutely nothing. No side effects from tablets so know diet is ok. Frustrating to say the least.
  • Posted

Which strain are you on btw? I know there's 60mg and 120mg xx
    • Posted

Hi kat02 I'm currently taking 120 mg three times daily.
    • Posted

Same as I am. Maybe speak to yuour doctor about it they may be able to help you xx
  • Posted

dont stop !!!! keep going ... iv been on it a week n not lost anything keep going .. xxx
  • Posted

im on 120 mg n not lost any thing im forcing my self to eat in a morning its something iv never dun .. but im not going to give up i really want to be slim again xx 
    • Posted

It taken 2 weeks for my tablets to get in my system then when it did I felt so good as I was loosing pounds but for some reason I am just not loosing the pounds, and same here I want to be thin again as I am only 5ft 2 I don't carry the weight and look like a bowling ball lol, but just keep doing what you are I'm sure you will start to loos something soon
    • Posted

You should eat a decent size breakfast on the mornings I was the same it would make me sick but if you don't your body thinks it's going to be starved and start storing fats but if you eat breakfast it starts your metabolism moving which obviousy burns calories 
  • Posted

Ahh poor you, I know exactly how you feel as the same thing is happening to me. I have been crying all morning as I've not lost anything for the past 18 days and am sticking to 1400 calories every day, almost zero fat, recording everything, don't drink, walk the dog, go on my bike. Have holiday in July and really important wedding in August so getting desperate. Lost 8lbs first 2 weeks and nothing since and I promise I am being religiously strict. Everyone says keep going but I am seriously considering surgery now cause 1400 cals per day is unsustainable for the amount I have to lose (5 stone) but if I were losing 2lbs a week I think I would find the enthusiasm to keep going, but to not lose and be so miserable and hungry - very demoralising. I'm thinking of coming off the tablets as don't like putting chemicals in my body if they aren't doing anything. Sorry I can't be more helpful but just wanted you to know you're not on your own. 
  • Posted

I have been on it for 3 weeks and lost nothing. No side effects of tablets, very low fat vege diet, I paid a lot if money for these things so will complete the course but thought there would be something gone by now. Others claim to lose so much, I don't get it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.