Orlistat/Alli Want Dieting Buddys on here. Karens Diary.

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Start Weight  19st  11lbs

4 weeks         18st 11lbs

Well i had heard about Orlistat and after fighting steroids for 6 years which i have in my spine and hips in surgery every 6 months.. we decided that i was turning into a bouncing ball shape. I did a diary for the doctor and with limited mobility what exercise i did. He decided that the 3lb weight gain every week was the steroids so we decided to go and try this tablet.

Well the first week i took 60mg of the stuff and to be honest i was horrified at the orange monster effect when i was going to the loo.. this made me more conscious about what i was eating and read up more about it and it stated no more that 30g of fat a day or you will see the orange monster effect..

Actually was horrified a couple of weeks ago when i was just about to go out the door and hubby said erm have you wet yourself.. i thought he was been funny, i said no why, so he took a picture of my jeans.. and the orange monster had made an appearance. Although embarassed it made me think more about the fat content, if your seeing the orange monster you are overdosing on fat.

So i booked into a gym and yes i am big and no am not ashamed of my weight as its a medical condition, so have gone to aqua aerobics as its more gentle on the limbs and gone back to swimming and saunas.

i have also looked again at my fat intake and swopped out things and not seen the orange monster for over a week.. so must be good.

Well i have a long way to go on these, i have to be weighed in weekly by our live wire team as our gps and council have a health thing going on and i have to go and see my doctor ever month to get another month of tablets. 

My healthy team expect you to loose 5 percent of your weight in 12 weeks, i have done it in 3 weeks... i am now aiming to loose another 11lbs before end of September as i have lots of events to go to..

So am looking for Buddys who want to go on a long journey together smile

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Have any of u got Facebook we could put a group together easier than this
    • Posted

Krista there is facebook groups but they are two big etc and so you get lost in the midst of things, if you want to create a group put it on here and we can all swop recipies etc etc.. x
    • Posted

ahhhh this site won't let me post a link to the FB group. You can search for weight loss with orlistat though and should be able to find it on FB

• Posted

We don't post direct links but you can use the Private Message service to exchange details.

Alan

• Posted

That  would be a good thing to do on facebook.. will start one today...

Todays weigh in 

Start Weight  19 stone 11 lbs

4 week           18 stone 7 1/2 lbs

This morning had two boiled eggs scrambled... and a happy pill

Dinner i have had a prawn sandwhich less than 15g fat and happy pill

Tea time i will have fish, three small potatoes and cabbage less than 15g.. and happy pill

• Posted

Corine i have just copied this from someone elses post.. it might be helpful.. i basically follow this type of thing, but i also have a treat every week of a bar of chocolate or packet of crisps..and the choccy sometimes i break down in a chunk a day rather than guzzling it all at once.. since i folllowed similar to what this lady has done i have never seen the orange monster..

Breakfast

Porridge, scrambled eggs, beans, brown bread, natural yougert, fruit, turkey rashers ( cooked under the grill) protein shakes, omellet with mushroom and peppers (use fry light a non stick pan or cook it in the oven)

Lunch

Grilled chicken, grilled turkey, tuna, salad, home made veg soup, salads with vinaigrette dressing, balsamic vinegar. Brown rice, brown pasta, veg. Cut up cucumber celery and carrots with low fat homous, low fat cottage cheese.

Dinner

Same as lunch

Home made spaghetti bologns with 5% mince or chicken/ turkey mince.

Cottage pie, no butter in the potatoe. The sauce from the mince will stop it from being dry. Pack it full with lots of veg to make it filling.

Dessert

Low fat jelly, Fruit, yoghurt, stewed Apple with cinnamon. Low fat desserts

• Posted

Is the page new?? With 2 members currently? That's the only one I could find on facebook.

• Posted

That's the one we have only just started it up join if u need the help too

• Posted

Hi. I have just been prescribed Orlistat however I am on holiday tomorrow and plan on starting when I return in two weeks. I would be happy to join you on this journey and discuss the pros and cons along the way as you will be the expert by then😊.

• Posted

your wlecome to kim, let me know when you are back as we have started a facebook group but i have to message you directly x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.