orlistat and constapation ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started taking orlistat 2 days ago but am now realy constapated is this normal dose it mean its not working ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I started two weeks ago on orlistat and found myself really constipated after about a week. It did pass after two days but i was doubled over in stomach cramps. So I did take a constipation tablet from the pharmacy. only took one instead of two. It was solved overnight! hope it stops for you,
  • Posted

yes all normal drink plenty of water
  • Posted

Hay thanks for reply, i suffer from bulimia and have taken 10 laxitivs hope that will help. how are you finding the tablets now ?
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that you suffer from bulimia. But after I took the laxative, I laid off the orlstat for a day (just to get me body digestive system back to normal) After that I have been ok on the orlistat. I fin that taking the tablet half way through the meal works better than taking it b4 or afterwards x x
  • Posted

Thanks its a hard battle, my weight yo yos i weigh every day i was 189.6lb on wed when i started the tabs and today am 185.6lb im not the hevyest i have been in my life but i realy feel it am gonna weigh at boots tomoz (if i can leave the bathroom) lol have you been taking it long?
  • Posted

I'm on my 3rd week now, and I have been really trying to resist weighing myself until the nurse weighs me on the 12th. I feel like I have lost weight!! And have had some of the orlistat "symptoms"!! But once I was over the constipation I have felt much better. Hope you feel the benefits of It soon x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.