Orlistat and eggs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone knows can you eat eggs when taking orlistat? I thought they had to

Much fat? I also tried a slim-fast chocolate bar (very nice) it's says 13g fat in 100g but only 3g per bar is this still ok to eat? Thanks for any help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I sometimes have a large poached egg on a slice of toast for breakfast. Provided the yolk is runny, it's fine without butter. According to My Fitness Pal a large egg is 5g of fat, and the slice of toast is 2g (my own bread so I can judge accurately). So - yes in moderation! I've never had bad effects from this breakfast.  I don't think the chocolate bar would be okay though at 13g per 100g. Besides, taking these tablets is all about training yourself to a different way of eating - and one that doesn't include chocolate! 
  • Posted

I know some people have issues with eggs i don't eat them so couldn't tell you if i get side effects or not. As for the chocolate you shouldn't be eating that it's no more than 5g of fat per 100g when did you eat it? (risk of side effects)there are plenty of low fat snacks you can have, those bars are full of fat including those 'healthy cereal bars' the only ones you can have of those is alpen lights or some special K ones.
  • Posted

I have a boiled egg with a slice of bread most mornings and never have any side effects, I sometimes have them in my salads too. When did you start the tablets? 
  • Posted

Hi

I eat several eggs per week, boiled mostly, but also fried eggs done in extra virgin olive oil. I eat a low fat diet anyway so I need to add some fat purposely.  Usually eaten with wholemeal bread and Flora pro-active.  I have no sides from them at all.

They are high in Cholesterol though so watch out if you have a Cholesterol problem.  Enjoy.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for the help! I haven't actually had one of the chocolate bars while taking the pills, I had tryed it on a previous diet! But I will steer clear as im just under 4weeks in to my diet while taking orlistat and have lost 9lb!! So I am very happy and am sure I will mannage without the chocolate lol thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.