Orlistat and Slimming World diet

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have just started using Orlistat today, does anyone know if the Slimming World diet while on Orlistat is a good or bad idea?.

I have no idea what would make up 15 grams of fat a day, any help would be very welcome.

Thanks Hannah.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My doctor told me it was not more than 15g of fat per MEAL, not per day. I have only been taking them for a week, but read the backs of every packet and tin. I have a little app on my iPad which calculates the fat and calorie content of all foods (fresh and branded) and keeps track for me.
  • Posted

Hi Sally, that's great to know its 15 grams per meal, I was so upset at the Doctors the other day over my weight issues that I was not able to taken in what he was saying to me. It makes me feel better to know that it's 15grms per meal. Can you tell me the app you use on your IPad for the fat calculation as it would do be great to use. Good luck with your weight loss.

Thanks for your info

Hannah

• Posted

Hi, Dr will check your weight, height and calculate BMI, then prescribe accordingly. You need to skip Orlistat

if you don't have fatty meal.

• Posted

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put the name of the app in this forum, but here goes. It's called MyFitnessPal and it's free. You can use it on their web site as well, but if find it convenient on the iPad.
  • Posted

Thanks Sally, I will use this app it will be a great help.

Hannah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.