Orlistat and stomach noise.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. I have just been prescribed orlistat and started it 2 days ago. However I was caught off guard by a funeral "meal thing" (never been to one before) so I may have eaten a little bit badly at first. I think the next day I paid the price for that though haha.

I am now back to normal with a decent diet and exercise.

I have notice though my stomach has been rumbling/gurgling a lot after I take the pill.

It's not from hunger because it is one of those things where you can just tell that isn't what it is.

It's not concerning me and it isn't uncomfortable, I was just wondering if anyone else experiences it. My stomach is rather loud and wanted to know if people do experience that and whether it's a temporary thing at the beginning or on going through out.

Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I have the Gurgling too all normal do you suffer from IBS? that can cause gurgling

x

• Posted

Mine was making a right racket last night think it was because i drank 3 litres of water instead of the usual 2 
    • Posted

Hi, I do yes, I didn't realise that could be a factor with the gurgling haha.

Thank you, I've read these forums a lot and you always seem to have a lot of helpful advice and information, so I appreciate the response.

• Posted

Hello,

Your welcome i have a blog with advice about the tablets if you want it?

I suffer from digestive issues so i gurgle a lot!

Britney

x

• Posted

And based off the amount of threads I've read with you in it, I'm guessing you've been on orlistat a good while now and it's still on going?

Again it's not actually concerning me or causing me any trouble, I just wanted to know if I should expect this over the course of using it or whether it lasts a wee while only.

The link to your blog would be great thank you so much smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.