orlistat,another new lady.....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im also new to orlistat,but didnt know about the 15g of fat rule? im still doing weight watchers combined with this pill. as my GP knows.so will i still have to count the grams of fat?do you go by fat per 100g?or the amount you eat?. also my 3rd day i had real bad wind and cramps and had loose stools. now im mainly getting just the oil/fat coming out,is this normal?i went to a party last night and sort of party food and ive not been effected?also is this normal ?maybe id not reached the gms of fat?sorry to go on but im now confused reading the messages!and need to know im doing it right.thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi and welcome. I am still relatively new (1 month) but will try to help. When shopping you should look for items of less than 5 gram of fat per 100 gram. The 15 gram is fat content per meal.

If you contact MAP thay are very helpful and will send out booklets etc. We are not able to give phone numbers on this site so look up the Xenical MAP on line and you will find the number.

If you keep low fat you should get few, if any side effects. If you eat too fatty a meal, you may get them, but not always till the next day. We are all different so I think we have different thresholds of the amount of fat we can eat, but of course it is important to keep it down in order to lose weight.

Am sure you will get used to what works for you, and as I said do contact MAP.

I am sure other members will also get back to you,

In the meantime welcome to the site, and good luck :D

• Posted

bex

Please post the MAP phone number here, I have allowed it on other postings.

Lin

• Posted

Thanks Lin

MAP no. is 0800 731 7138

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.