Orlistat diaries, how are people getting on?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All!

I'm new to this forum and I have started taking Orlistat this week (day 3). I was so scared to start taking them but so far no 'side effects'. I have seen really old posts on here about Orlistat and wondered how people are finding it?

J

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

How old are you, was it your doctor who advised you to start taking Orlistat?

• Edited

Early 40s, doc suggested it, no dude effects but only 2lbs off which I could have maybe done on my own. Upping the excercise for week 2

• Posted

Update week 1

I followed a very low fat diet all week and I made sure I drank plenty of water. Still no side effects so I hope the tablets are working. I'm not complaining though! - 4lbs so actually I was pretty happy with that, I hope that maybe I could have a 3lb loss this week to get to the half stone mark and I'll really feel like I am on my way. When I did SW I always had treat day on weigh day but on these I'm not going to take the risk.

• Posted

Different people have different reactions to drugs and medications. If you havent felt no side effects its good but increasing dosage also increases the chance of side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.