orlistat, diet buddy wanted!

Posted , 21 users are following.

I took orlistat last year and lost nearly 2 stone in about 8 weeks but then I went off track, I'm currently 15st 2lb and startin back on the tablets 2moz. I have bookt a holiday in September and really want to loose around 2-3stone.im after somebody to keep in touch with and offer encouragement to each other whilst taking orlistat. Xx

4 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi,

Im starting this today and if there is a watsapp group id love to join it. Im looking for tips and hints too as this is my first time taking it.

• Posted

Hi bronwyn! How are you feeling?

I find my best tips are to meal plan and maybe use an ap like my fitness pal to keep an eye on calories and fat content. I've started a meal ideas thread too so feel free to have a look and add your meal plans too.

• Posted

Hi Gem33,

Oh lovely where is this thread, I've just taken the second tablet at lunch time not feeling any different as yet. How you feeling since you on day 3? ohhhhh this is a fantastic really chuffed to chat to people in the same boat and probably same time.....I will be uploading the myfitnesspal today and watch my diet.... thank you hun x

• Posted

I have just taken the first tablet. Got weighed at the Drs last week when they were prescribed....16st 9lb (106kg)

Have been dieting for a few years now, and managed to lost 2.5 stone following slimming world back in 2012...but put it all back on (plus a bit more) following 3 miscarriages.

So.....this is the start of the new me!

Would like to hear from others and get support as I haven't told anyone close to me, other than hubby, that I am taking Orlistat.

• Posted

Hi! I haven't told many either- just my mum, dad, brother & husband.

How are you feeling? I'm on day 3 now and still feeling determined.

• Posted

And also so sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I had one in 2012 & it's heartbreaking so big hugs xxxx
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, literally only took my first tablet at lunch time....felt very nauseous afterwards (had weetabix, with a sliced banana and skimmed milk straight after the tablet)....but think that was just me being silly! 

How are you getting on?

• Posted

Definitely not silly, I've felt a little nauseous too at times but it does seem to pass.

I'm also weeing loads lol, not sure if it's the tablets or my increase in water!

Had a personal trainer round this morning and omg! I'm struggling to move now!!!

• Posted

I try and drink a lot when i've got a day off at home....not entirely practical at work as I never know when i'll next get to a loo!

I've got a variety of excercise DVDs to be getting on with and a dog to walk so i'll be getting stuck into those too.

• Posted

Hi,

Went to the docs this morning and just had my second tablet, i weighed in 91kg and was originally 94kg she wanted to see me lose weight first see how keen I was to take the tabs! So walked in and she was really happy with me and gave me my prescription... yiipeeee..... I was on slimming world for two months and didnt really help me so kinda left it and resorted to this.

No-one knows in my family too and think i will just tell my mum for now..... Sorry to hear about your miscarriages must be a horrible ordeal!

This is to the new us and hopefully we can continue the support and updates! Ive just taken my second tablet. Had fruit and two slices of toast for breakfast lunch i had couscous salad, carrots and houmus and water....

Im drinking loads of fluid...

• Posted

Definitely the new us!

That was my focus this morning when I the pt was pushing me to my limits- it won't be this hard forever!

Have a little look in this orlistat forum and you should find my thread. I'm just adding to it as I go along. My aim is 1500 calories a day and also sticking to the foods with no more than 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 15g per meal. It's amazing how well I have been able to eat so far!

• Posted

Took 2 tablets yesterday with no side effects, so very pleased with that!

• Posted

Wooohooo the new us definitely, Ive started running and walking for my fitness.....

Ok great will look out for it, thank you.

• Posted

no side effects with me, I seem to be passing loads of fluid but then again I am drinking more water. Day 2 today and have had my first tablet.
  • Posted

Hi,  I was given Orlistat by my doctor 5 years ago and lost 2 stone in 2 years.  He then took me off it (didn't say why) and I continured to buy it from the internet and  I lost another stone.  Stopped taking it 6 months ago as unsure of the safety long term and am now putting the weight back on, despite eating the same!  My question is does anyone know if it's safe to take long term and if not, how long should I wait before starting again?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.