Orlistat for 3 1/2 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've been on orlistat for 3 1/2 months and have lost 20 pound so far which I suppose is quite good but I expected more . I haven't had much upset tummy only 2 or 3 times . I've not lost anything now for 3 weeks so feeling despondent . I have 5 stone to lose for an operation that I need. What sort of weight loss is everyone else having an what were the fat amounts you were told you can have as I wasn't given much advice from my doctor.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've been on then 3 weeks now and lost 10lb but with all diets or eating plans....u do at some point reach a platau. Sometimes without realising we stick to the same things when we diet....I'd suggest having a week we're u eat things you don't normally to see if It gives u a kick start 
  • Posted

Ive only started today but im doing slimming world aling side it whuch ive seen a few others doing ill let you know how i get on xxxx
  • Posted

Don't panic I've been on them 5 mnts.

Had all most 4 weeks with little or no weight loss.

Your doing fab I've lost just over 2.7 stone ,

You should be proud if what you have done.

I no it's hard not to worry stick with it .

Just think back 3mnts to whAt you were like before you started them .

Keep happy

Happy chick xx

• Posted

Don't panic I've been on them 5 mnts.

Had all most 4 weeks with little or no weight loss.

Your doing fab I've lost just over 2.7 stone ,

You should be proud if what you have done.

I no it's hard not to worry stick with it .

Just think back 3mnts to whAt you were like before you started them .

Keep happy

Happy chick xx

• Posted

i have a blog if you want it which has advice and tips on the tablets. You are having a tummy bug as you must be eating too much fat what are you eating?
  • Posted

Thank you everyone for your support, feeling a bit more positive now xx
  • Posted

Im at 3 n half months and having exactly same problem. Ive lodt 21lb ish. More would be nice I won't lie but thays still half a stn each month.  Id have probably put on at least another half stn in those 3 months.

Just tell yourself this..... SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE. Its become a bit of a mantra because I was totally despondent at my loss or lack of as I saw it but then I went in to a super market and picked up 18lb worth of fat. Since then I've lost another 2lb ish. 

Keep plugging away.  We all hit plateaus.  Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.