Orlistat - how long does it take?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I have just started taking orlistat 5 days ago. I have had some side effects but nothing extremely terrible.

im 5ft 4 and weigh approx 14st 7. too be honest I feel fatter than ever and so bloated, is this normal? How long doesit usually take before I will see some weight loss? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

They just help block the fat yr not going to drop masses if weight, take diet and hard work. I lost 3 stone and on average I was losing 3-4lb a week instead of the usual 2-3lb. 

Took me 3 weeks to loose my 1st stone but 5 weeks too loose the 2nd and ages to shift the 3rd!!

Good luck. 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I only want to lose 2st to begin with. I am reducing my calories and fat. I have 2 small kids so exercise is limited but im not completely inactive. Is it possible to lose a stone in 3 weeks? What amount of calories should I eat? The doctor didn't give me much advice if im honest. 
    • Posted

I lost a stone in 3 weeks just used my fitness pal app and stuck to about 1400 calories and everything 5g of fat or less x
    • Posted

Wow really?! That's awesome. Ive been having about 1600. Im trying to avoid fat full stop after the weekend not keen on what I saw after eating pizza. So far so good. 

do you have much to lose then? 

• Posted

I'm not on them now, wanted to loose 3 stone which I have but it's just as heard to keep it off  sad you can do it, u will feel great x
    • Posted

I hope so its doing my head in now. Not comfortable in my clothes at all. Can barely breathe in my trousers lol. I have just stopped smoking 5 weeks ago and put on 10lb in the 1st 2 weeks i havent put anymore on since then but its made my clothes unbareable. I was overweight to begin with tho so I have just made myself more unhappy. X 
    • Posted

I have just downloaded the my fitness pal app. It says I should only gave 1200 cals per day. Does that go up the more exercise you do? I mean if I go for a walk or summit do I earn more cals for the day? I'll starve only eating that lol x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.