Orlistat.........Its not working for me,been taking it over a month :(

Posted , 15 users are following.

I started off at 15st 9lb and I'm now 15st 4lbs. What can i do? I started taking the tablets on the 10th June. Can anyone give me a typical daily menu that they have please? Im thinking of going to get some Slim Fast tomorrow. Help!!

3 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Also, I find that I'm eating more now than I was before but what I'm eating is healthier. The weight is coming of much faster than when I've tried other 'diets'. I know you've planned your meals for today but are you eating enough during each of those meals? i.e. I will eat a salad until I'm full as there aren't many calories in it and it will keep me satisfied until dinner. Do you still feel hungry after you've eaten? If so, your body could be storing what you're eating rather than burning it up and getting rid of it. Just a thought. 
  • Posted

I'm in the same boat , I've been on the tablets for 2 weeks and haven't lost anything. My main meals are fairly healthy - weetabix & banana for brekki, salad or jacket spud for lunch and either salad or meat and veg for tea. Have to say I'm not snacking between meals like I used to but I've had hardly any leakage ( only when I ate some salmon with a salad ) so any ideas where I'm going wrong I've got 3 stone to loose and I'm getting desperate. I drink 3 or 4 pints of squash a day and don't feel hungry . Any ideas please
    • Posted

It's just not good. Been for an hours walk tonight with the dog,going to do that every day this week and see if that helps me along. Chin up,try stay positive,I'm trying to too sad
    • Posted

Hi joy!! I would of thought even without the pills you would loose weight! I have no idea why it's not coming off?? Very odd! 

The reason you had side effects with salmon is because it's over 5g per 100g of fat. 

Maybe try eating a little more, I know that sounds odd but if your only eating enough to survive your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to everything. 

I found the weeks I had bigger lose was when I'd been munching on fruit. 

Worth agosmile good luck. 

• Posted

Ok, from what you've said I think I might be able to see where it's going wrong for you... firstly the weetabix - while it is thought to be healthy(ish) I'm not sure wheat is any good if you want to lose weight. Then there's the jacket potatoes - more carbs. I have heard many times that you should avoid potatoes as much as possible if you want to lose weight - basically white carbs are a no no. It's not just fat we should be avoiding, it's carbs as well, as least to a certain extent. I know my body wouldn't lose any weight if I ate weetabix and potatoes. Also, I am only drinking water. Squash is full of sugar, even the ones that say they are low in all of that stuff. There's been a lot of talk about squashes and fruit juice in the media recently and how sugar laiden they are. I read that you shouldn't drink squash or fruit juice if you want to lose weight. Not having a go - just think if you avoided those things you might see a difference. Might be worth a try. 
  • Posted

Okay, so further to my post yesterday ..I had to be in work for 5am this morning, by the time I had finished stocktaking I couldn't face a weetabix and so fell on a cheese and bacon turnover (31gms FAT)from the hot cupboard in the shop I manage. I still took a tablet and expected to be running in and out of the loo all morning.......NOTHING not one little blob of oil not one visit 

anyone any ideas please xx

• Posted

I will happen!!! I have been naughty on a Sunday and nothing happened till Monday night!! 

How long have u been taking them?? 

• Posted

Two weeks, I took some leftover salmon into work one day last week to have with a salad for lunch (didn't realise it had quite so much fat in!!) and I was in and out if the loo all afternoon ... So even though I was very naughty this morning I expected to have the repercussions and none I don't quite get it.
    • Posted

Can take 24 hours sometimes. 

These pills don't know the diff between good and bad fat. Even tho salmon in full of good fat your pills will still get rid of it. I love salmon too sad

You might of had the side effect from the night before a salmon as you said was left over. With cheese & bacon I'd be shocked of nothing happened!! I'd say be tonight you might get the grumble in your tum!! Good luck. wink💩💩💩

• Posted

HI Melissa,

Dont give up you can do it!! everybody is different. i lost 10lb in my first 4 weeks and then 2 week later i had got to a stone i have another weigh in on Monday but not hopring for a miracle as had 2 weeks off the little blues. I have taken these tablets before and the weight just dropped off but its talking its time this time. on a typical day i have milkshake for breakfast (not a breakfast person) mid morning a piece of fruit usually grapefruit lunch i have salad with ham or tuna or chicken then a yogurt. I drink 2L of water a day (try) and then tea usually salad with either steak, chicken or stir fry. I have cut out bread which is hard but you have to give things up when you want to lose weight. i still enjoy a drink but have decided that i am going to cut it out all together.

I would speak to your doctor / nurse, if by the next time you go to be weighed you havent lost. i take green tea tablets as well which helps with weight loss.

• Posted

Hi

Iv been taking orlistat for 4 weeks and havnt lost a thing. Iv got another months supply so will see how it goes. 😏

• Posted

I'm on my 4th day and just weighed myself have lost 7 pound !  This is my daily food menu  I've stuck to,,,breakfast, blueberries, strawberries banan with onken yogurt, with. Teaspoon of Helens breakfast sprinkles,, slice of wholemeal toast with teaspoon jam, black coffee with one teaspoon of demara sugar, ,,,,and my tablet, I drink 2 litres of Iceland flavoured water a day (50p for 2 litres) ,,,, I'm. It for one eating lunch but have forced myself to eat, so I have a packet of melba toast (dry) with watercress tuna cherry tomato and black pepper, tablet, ,or tuna Greak salad, tea.- I don't eat pork so i alternate fish and chicken, white fish marinated overnight and if chicken marinate in the morning , (Jamaican rice and peas white rice) salad or vegetables I eat a lot of okra and chillies ! or j,potatoe with half tea spoon of low fat Dairycheese,  to snack on between lunch and dinner I have toffee popcorn or fruit, Morrisons sell popcorn 6 30g bags in one ,, I have had no nasty side effects and feel healthier, I do Ceroc dancing 4 times a week and  now started walking every morning for half hour hope this helps ,,, 
  • Posted

hi,

did you all have runny oily stools because my stools have been the same and i dont have the urge to go. am on day 2..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.