Orlistat Newbeee

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies, 

Maybe I should start with a little background so here goes;

After trying  a baby for 2 years with no luck me and the other half went and had some tests, during these tests aftetr almost 3years of trying we got told my husband was the problem - a low count which was also lazy. The day before yet another test I was rushed to hospital with heavy bleeding and excruciating pain - I was having an ectopic pregnancy and didn't know I was even pregnant.

At this time I was aprox 11stn a little over weight but happy ,if I wanted to lose weight I could do so quite quickly. 

I didn't need an op and was told to not try for a baby for 6 months to let my body get back to normal. 

We went back and within 6 months id put about a stone on - 3 years on from this I am now nearly 16stone and desperate to get on the IVF list. To do this i have to get to 12 stone and im struggling.

My dr has now put me on Orlistat aand antidepressants but has given me no info at all on the orlistat - other than the side effects. 

Any help tips and information anyone could give me id be soo grateful. 

Looking forward to any reply xxx

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello and welcome to the forum :-)

If you want any tips the best person on here to ask is Britney, she has lost over 100lbs in weight! She has also statrted a blog about her Oristat journey.

Check her posts out, they have a wealth of info in them and she is always happy to advise should anyone ask.

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thanks for the reply smile

Im totally new to the site How do I find her page or posts? 

The drs just give no advice whatsoever rolleyes

• Posted

Hello

Thanks Daisy smile Hope you are well x

@claire Hello smile if you click my name it will take you to my profile then you should see my postings. If you want my blog please PM me as i can't post links. Like you i also started my weightloss journey to start a family. If you stick to it the weight will come off x

• Posted

Thanks Britney. 

Ill have a mooch.

How quick should I start to see side effects?  Ive only taken 3 so im not expecting anything but are they like a headache pill or are they more of a long term thing? ? Sorryif these are silly questions. 

Im now off to your page x

• Posted

@claire your welcome. Erm if you have eaten anything over 5g fat in the last 3 days you will probably get the side effects (i ate as though i was on them for 3 days before i actually took the first tablet to elimate any fat)

if you eat the right things you will get NO side effects believe me they are not pleasant! there is a list of what Not to eat on my blog plus posted on here.

Sorry i've been up since silly o clock what do you mean by headache tablet sorry if i am sounding like a moron!

I will advise you to drink water aswell as it helps with bloat and constipation.

In the first couple of weeks you may get nausea and some stomach pains but this is all normal i think i got headaches too but it all settles down.

What have you been eating in the last few days including today?

If you need any help please just post back

x

• Posted

Like a pain killer works within an hr or so and was wondering at what point I should expect some side effects lol.

Today I have had;

Breakfast - small bowl of snap crackle and pop with semi skimmed

Snack - banana and apple

Lunch - wholemeal iwith wafer turkey u lettuce

Tea - quorn spag bol with brown pasta no oil.

Probably haven't drunk as much as usual as work was manic lol. Does this sound ok for first day?  

Im so scared of side effects im not touching any nice foods lol xx

• Posted

@Claire god i'm stupid today lol

It takes about 3 days to get into your system you food looks great and if you have been eating like that the last few days you wont get any side effects which is GOOD. If you see nothing then your doing everything right.

You can have 'treats' but they have to be the 5g oer 100g rule there are cakes etc you can have so don't feel your going to be deprived because you wont. I didn't allow myself any for months but now i do sometimes have them.

Tthere is a lot more you can actually eat than you think. Its not all leaves and cottage cheese!

Make sure your bread is the ones without the seeds as the tablets do not understand good and bad fats!

x

• Posted

Thanks so much.  

Glad I've started right. 

Its just been wholemeal bread for years since I was at slimming world as could have that as my "b" item lol.

Im desperate for this to work. 

Fingers crossed and thanks for the help x

• Posted

Hi Claire and welcome!!! Iv just read all your replys!!!!all good sound advice!!!all that's left for me to say is go for it!!! You got nothing to lose but weight!!  biggrin
    • Posted

Thanks roberta.

This has to work now.  Feel like it's my last chance saloon lol.

Im sure ill b back for help and support. 

Glad I found this group and to know it actually works for you all. Such mixed reviews on line

X smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.