Orlistat newbie!

Posted , 3 users are following.

[size=18:91db6f9aa8]Hi everyone, I'm so glad to have found this forum! My doctor started me on orlistat on wednesday. things have been going well so far, no horrible side affects as yet! Reading everyones positive experiences is so motivating, everyones doing so well, I just hope I can do the same! My first weight in is on wednesday and I'm back at the doctors at the end of then month, so fingers crossed![/size:91db6f9aa8]

:D

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Welcome..

I just joined in Friday and started taking my tablets on Friday. Also been good for me so far and finding the forum very helpful.

I just read loads of posts and get lots of helpful tips and great things to eat...

Never been part of a forum before but my boyfriend belongs to lots and I used to get so cross at the amount of time he spent reading posts but now for the first time i realise why...I cant moan anymore :D

Also feel inspired by people that have lost and make sure I do my best to avoid the ORANGE OIL!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Keep us up-to-date on your progress etc...

xxxpearlxxx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, Pearl. i never saw the interest in forums until i joined this one either. its been really helpful to me even in the few days since ive found it.

A friend of mine who's taking alli had fish and chips the other day and she was shocked when she got the dreaded orange oil. I had to laugh, bless her!

Lets hope we can stick to the low fat options! Keep us posting on how your doing too!

Vic :D

• Posted

I meant posted!! LOL
  • Posted

Will do....

Phoning my nurse 2mw to make an appointment for my first weigh in. It is so nerve raking though...I have been trying so hard over the past few days, not had side effects so assuming im doing well. I have taken measurements to do once a month so I can see the inches come off if the kilo's dont budge :?

Chat soon Vic

• Posted

Ah i hope you get a great 1st weigh in result!

thats a good idea about taking measurements as well, i might start doing that too!

is it a weekly or or monthly weigh in that your gonna be having?

Vic

:D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.