Orlistat Newbie!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Currently on day 3 of Orlistat, I've a chronic illness and the medication I take has caused me to gain 7 stones.

I'm doing ok, and have had no side effects, I'm struggling with snack ideas, and main meal ideas. Any help appreciated!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, snacks fruit, low fat yogurt, homemade popcorn, malt loaf, rice cakes!

Meals just eat clean. Meat n veg, fish and salad, pasta dishes with homemade tomato sauce. Just watch your calories too.

Keep it all below 5g of fat per 100g. No more than 15g of fat per meal.

As a treat I use to cook stuff from slimming world fake away book. They are all low fat take away type meals but low in fat. A nice curry or chow main feels a treat x

• Posted

Sounds like exactly what I'm doing! Tonights dinner was baked potato with cottage cheese, tomorrow its gammon potatoes and veg. Its just retraining your brain! Well I hope!

Thank you so much for your help x

• Posted

Hi Karen, I'm on week 3 now and no side effects at all, I too put on 3 stone due to a Thyroid condition. Snacks I've been having as don't like fruit are, rice cakes, salted popcorn, twiglets or Rivitta thins or carrot and cucumber battons. Main meals I find very easy, as you can have lean meats, rice, pasta, potatoes and loads of veggies etc etc. I'm finding it totally fine. 
    • Posted

I've been ok, snacks are now sorted, as are breakfast and lunches. Its meals that I'm now stuck with. I struggle with portion sizes and if I'm allowed to use a jar of pasta bake sauce etc. My hubby is vegetarian so makes it a lot harder cooking the same meal for us both x x
    • Posted

Just read the Jar and see how much fat is it it i.e less then 5g per 100g, tomoato based ones should be fine, but are really easy to make using tinned toms, onions, garlic and herbs. 

Good luck xx

• Posted

I'm using small individual bags of nude salted popcorn, or Metcaffs 
  • Posted

The one thing that has helped me hugely is getting a Nutribullet and mixing up some delicious smoothies. Perfect way to painleesly take in enough raw fruit and veg in a really satisying way - even if you're not normally a fruit and veg person

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.