Orlistat newbie, diet suggestions needed please

Posted , 33 users are following.

Hello to whoever reads this,

I'm new to Orlistat and am due to take my first dose in the morning. What kind of diet food do you eat? I'm quite a fussy eater so it would really help to see what you all eat. 

Also what kind of results have you seen and how were the first few days? I'm terrified about the side effects.

Thank you to anyone who replys 

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I am new to Orlistat and I am so glad I have found others that can help and guide as like Sophie said my dr didnt explain alot just read the leaflet. I would also be interested in Britneys blog as she is the same size as me and would love some ideas. Thanks again for any future help xxx
    • Posted

I know thinking back I was so upset with what my weight was I feel like the Dr I'd never seen before kind of fobbed me off a little. I didn't even get a leaflet explaining so I'm just going off the generous advice from people of here.

Good luck in your weightloss journey x

• Posted

Hi can you please send me your blog. Started the tablets 2 days ago and tbh the side affects scare me so would be great to see proper eating guides. Thank you ☺
    • Posted

Hi Britney, would u be able to send me a PM with a link to your blog please? Thank you x
    • Posted

Hi, could you please PM the link to your blog? Would very much like to read it smile

• Posted

I britney! Congratulations girl you are a true inspiration 😃

Please can you send me your blog and any info to help me start my journey. Would very much appreciate it thank you 👍

• Posted

I follow the slimming world recipes because they are low in fat you can find them online
    • Posted

Not all slimming world is suitable as salmon , cheese and certain things are way over your 5g of fat per 100g. Just watch the fat content. smile
  • Posted

Could Brittany send me the link to her blog too pls. So as long as there is no more then 15gs of fat in my whole meal then it will be fine. I too am brand new to this so need all the help I can get lol. I am currently doing a vlcd and am being supplied my food. Will this still be ok to do the 2 together. I did inform my doctor of this when she prescribed it to me but just wanted to check. Thank u xx
  • Posted

It is my first day on Orlistat too. Just taken my first tablet. :-)
    • Posted

It is scary it start with, this is day 7 and Iv put on weight, I'm going to spend today trying to get my head around the 15gms per meal, 

• Posted

Hi Soph,

I started a week ago and weighed myself today, i have lost 6lbs in the first week and i'm cuffed with that. Only another 4 1/2 to go, I had a few side effects on day three but nothing that caused any embarresment just not very nice going to the loo! Since then i have suck to the principles of slimming world and always check the labels to ensure anything you have is 5gs or under of fat to 100gs. Eat pleanty of veg and fruit to fill u up and remember to drink plenty of water.

This forum is great but there's also a facebook page thats great, its a closed group called weight loss with Orlistat. Everyone is very supportive x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.