Orlistat - NEWBIE HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

I was pescribed this 2 weeks ago and feel I have been eating relatively healthy. Jumped on the scales today and have seen NO CHANGE!

Stools (oil) have been....interesting. I cant see what I have been eating thats high in fat to be causing it - is my body flushing out, maybe? I wasnt given any advice on a diet to follow. Does anyone have a diet plan to advise? I have looked on google but struggle to find anything varied and helpful, im at a dead end! I have a weigh in with the nurse in 2 weeks but I dont want to wait until then for information. 

I work in an office 9-5.

Breakfast, I have overnight oats which consist of oats (i know, shocking!), low fat yogurt and frozen berries/peaches etc.

Lunch is normally a pack of cous cous with quorn chicken and spinach, or a salad of some sort with tuna. Today was a rush so I have savoury rice. Again I believe this is all low in fat?

Dinner varies - Low fat curry with either chicken or quorn with veg and savory rice. Or stir fry with quorn again.

This has pretty much been my diet for at least 2 months before starting Orlistat and NOTHING seems to be working! I very rarely snack, I very rarely have any fizzy drinks or juice. I drink a fair amount of coffee but very little milk and no sugar, doing my best to drink far more water. 

I know I probably need more fruit and veg in my diet and I need to move more given im in an office all day but I move pleanty here (the toilet is downstairs, Orlistat side effects have me up and down!) 

Any advice? x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hiya looking at your typical day u seem to have a lot of carbs maybe thats it, I'm a sucker for carbs could live off them but started this diet and tried having one carb a day or if if I know I'm going to the gym I have more, not much help I know but fingers crossed for you x

• Posted

Hi April. I wrk in a hospital so I am on my feet all dau so I am starving by lunchtime. The first day I worked on Orlistat I took 2 hard boiled eggs for lunch. About 12 gms of protein and very little fat and then some fresh fruit and low fat yougurt.The eggs made me feel satisfied. Today I had a small bowl f beef barley soup that had a lot of beef so I had protein there, and then I had fruit and yogurt again. I usually have a raisin toast with peanut butter for breakfast. I am trying to not have too many carbs as they convert to sugar in your system, but I could easily live off of them. Kerry-Anne seems to be onto something with maybe having too many too many. If you can handle hard boiled eggs they are easy and fill you up. Good Luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.