Orlistat not working.. i'm might try reductil?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Morning all..

3 weeks on and Orlistat has done nothing for me, ive lost 2 pounds but to be honest i think its just because of my low fat diet. Orlistat doesnt do wonders for me compared to the amazing success stories on here. Im going to the GP on tuesday so i might ask for Reductil cos it would fit in with me better as I am happy with the low fat diet and exericse routine so i think reductil would compliment that.

Total loss on my own is 1.5 stone now smile Orlistat might do somehitng but if it does, it is so minor so i'm not counting it.

miami

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Hippolump,

DON'T DO IT!! DON'T EAT THE MALTESERS.

I've been on Reductil 3 weeks this Friday and have lost 5lbs so far - if you are allowed it get them - I say if coz it depends on any other meds you take, I don't take anything else so was ok to go on them and apart from the odd feeling of a palpatation and a dry mouth, I've been ok, they may make you more motivated as they do give you a little bit of a high and sleep can be a bit worse but I'm enjoying being on them and only taking 1 a day - I go back next week (17th) to have my weigh in so will report back then.

Hopefully this post will stop you from eating those maltesers - just have a snack size bag instead of the huge bag and think how well you've done to date, we all slip off the roundabout and the motivational slide every now and again but every day is a new day and a new start.

Take care

Jane

• Posted

Round of Applause for Jane!!!!

Eating the choccies would take you back to the world of comfort eating and you don't need to go there.

I know how disheartening t can be. I lost during the 1dt 4 weeks then gained a little over the next 6 weeks. I am now, hopefully, about to start losing again. Not done anything more than start a new batch of the tabs as the last batch didn't do anything.

But even if I stay at my current weight I am still 7 kg lighter than I was 2 months ago! Which is fab!!!

So stick with it!

Lelly xx

• Posted

Hi guys

Well I didn't do it... I didn't cave into the craving of malteasers (even though they were calling my name rather loudly!) I had a wisdom tooth out yesterday afternoon and now I don't feel like eating at all!! x

• Posted

Hi, have to say I am relieved to see other people are experiencing some difficulty loosing weight with this drug. Ive been on it for 6 wks and am exactly the same weight, I dont know what to do!!?? Followed all the guidance am monitoring fat intake, down the gym regularly etc but nothing! Can I ask approx what weight people are? Im 11st and 5ft 3\" the doc wants me down to 10 stone, just wondered if the success of the drug is effected by how much weight you need to loose?

For you info, I was on Reductil for 1 year and did loose a considerable amount of weight (2 stone). There are apparently quite a lot of side effects which can effect you health, I had to provide fortnightly blood pressure and palse readings and was taken off it after 12 months (the doctor will enter into no negotiation regarding this!) Apparently it can mess with the neuro pathways?!! Lots of press on the effects of the drug, so you might have to be pretty persistent and they wont even consider it if you have experienced high bp in the past. Hope this is useful info.

• Posted

Doctors are not aloud to prescribe Reductil now because its got high risk of Heart Attacks and strokes!
  • Posted

Hi there,

I have been taking Orlistat for a few months now and appart from the toileting effects I have seen no positive side effects.

I have always had an excellent diet and still have. I don't drink or smoke either but I went to my docs and asked for these as I just don't change in shape or weight.

Is there any other medication I can try??? This Reductil what are theside effects??

Thanks in advance,

Bell. :D

• Posted

Hi Guys

Ive just read about 7 articles about Reductil, each one saying that its been banned across Europe because it causes heart attacks....... so for those of you who are on it, where are you getting your meds from??

Think id rather stick with orlistat! Dont really fancy a cardiac arrest at my age.

• Posted

Reductil has not been available on perscription since earlier in the year, this thread is old and was started before it was banned so no one should be getting it from anywhere...legally!
  • Posted

Hello all,

I have been on orlistat for almost 2 years. I have seemingly stopped losing weight. I lost almost 50lbs, but I cannot seem to lose anymore. Also, I workout on the treadmill for 30mins twice a day. I obey a low fat low cal diet. Why have I stopped losing weight? Any help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.