Orlistat Shortage???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi....Iv just been to the doctors to pick up my weeks supply and Iv been told they are struggling to get any.......They have given me a script to try and get them from somewhere else.......just wondered if anyone else has had this problem?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

OMG, hope there's not a shortage lol can you imagine it :shock:

I've still got 2 weeks supply left!

Kirsty :D

• Posted

When I went to get my prescription last Thursday the pharmacist said it was her last pack, she has had her quota. Someone had been in earlier with a prescription for two packs and she only gave her one to be fair. I struck lucky. I was a lttle concerned.

Beryl

• Posted

Yeh when i went 3 weeks ago for mines they were struggling to get any.
  • Posted

I got my script on monday a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't until the thursday that I could collect it. The chemist said it was because there is a shortage in bedford. Hope it will be ok in a couple of weeks when i'm due a repeat script.

Possible problem with supply and demand?

Keep the faith :rainbow:

kind regards

ClaraJacks

xxx

• Posted

Hi......just an update.....I managed to get some form a different chemist.........I did ask if there was a shortage.......he double checked with his list but he said it doesn't appear to be..........so lets hope not......Sorry if iv worried anybody.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.