Orlistat - slowing weight loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have been on Orlistat for 3 months now . 1st Month I lost 11 kilos, 2nd month I lost 5 Kilos , 3rd month I lost 2 Kilos . I have increased my walking , but weight loss is slowing down . What should I do now ? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm on orlistat too but only for a week I haven't lost ant weight yet. When did u see a difference and how long did it take to start working . u have done really well x

• Posted

Hi Emma

I do not weigh myself , I only know how much I have lost when I weigh in at the doctors (every month) . I made a point of going out every evening and walking small amounts and parking the car further away so I had to walk. I hope this helps .

• Posted

Thank u so much.i just thought that things would happen straight away but I'm so bloated and not lost anything that hasxmadw me disappointed. I have done more exercise too and eat very well. Well done with ur loses xx

• Posted

Hi, I am finding exactly the same, I am month 5, 13lbs, 7lbs, 7 lbs, 3 lbs, 3lbs.

im walking loads and following a low fat diet, hardly any horrible effects which is great, but so demoralising isn't it? X

• Posted

It is Jo , I have been reading some of the other people's post and I think I'm going to try a smaller plate , to see if I can kick start myself again . I am finding my legs are toning nicely and the top half of me is still hanging on to all the fat , so I'm going to look at other exercises as well . We shouldn't get disheartened , we have both done so well .

• Posted

We certainly have! I am def not eating massive meals so really don't understand, just gonna keep going, really enjoying the walking and feeling so much better and clothes r beginning to feel looser again so I know I'm loosing, hate playing the numbers game!!!

• Posted

I will let you know how I get on , hopefully it's just a blip

• Posted

Please do, it's  nice to talk to someone in the same boat!! X

• Posted

Hi Jo , Just been for weigh in and only a kilo off this time . I have increased my waking and I have invested in a rowing machine , but hasn't made alot of difference . My doctor has written a letter to a Bariatric group to see if I can join and get a few hints and tips on Diet . I will let you know if they reply and how I get on .

How well are you doing this month ?? 

• Posted

Hello lovely 😊

I lost 3lbs this month so 2st 9lbs all together in 6 months. 

Great that I'm losing but it's soooooooo slow!!

like you I have been walking and feel great so can't all be bad!

decided to do 2 weeks on weight watchers type plan and see if it kick starts more loss, will take the tabs on meals with little or no fat.

will keep u posted. Please let me know how u get on with the bariatric people 😊 

Keep going, we CAN do this xxx

• Posted

2 kilos is a good weight loss and sustainable in the longer term.

Providing it doesn't slow further I'd be happy with that.

Your body is probably getting used to the new diet - which is what you want to happen. It should be a life change not just a quick fix

• Posted

Exercise may be increasing muscle bulk and toning you even if you are not losing the weight as quick.

Those scales with body composition monitoring are good for motivation. They compare your fat%, BMI, bone density, muscle mass, water % etc. against healthy targets and can be a good indicator that things are still going the right way even when the weight loss is less.

Do you measure your stats regularly? that can also help. I tend to lose inches even when I don't lose much weight through toning/exercise.

It's all good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.