Orlistat & Zotrim

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anybody know if Orlistat can cancel out Zotrim? I started out weighing 17st 9lbs. With a BMI of over 40 I have been taking Zotrim for 1week proir to orlistat to get my healthy eating and diet started. I would have 2 slimfast shakes throught the day & I lost 6lbs on it. I also make sure my calorie intake is 1,300 everyday. You really have to change what you eat. The 2nd week I started Orlistat first day oily/runny stools then never had any sign of side effects, I go to the toilet in the morning & night and that's my pattern now. I take multivitamins & go to the gym 3x a week. In total I have lost 11lbs. I use My fitness plan app to add my meals into & it automatically calculates your intake. My fat in take is 40g per day. If I choose to have 3meals I make sure it's 13g of fat per meal and if I dont want another meal I will have a slimfast shake in replacement of it. This is just my intake and methods atm as some people need higher calorie intake & fat, but it's workinh for my and I feel fab. I have been told even my face looks slimmer & my BMI Is slowly climbing down in to the mid 30s. Orlistat is really working for me. Let's roll on to week 2 on it x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I don't know the answer to the question on zotrim, but wanted to congratulate you on how well you're doing!! This is my second day on orlistat, so far I've had 26g of fat a day and no more than 1100 calories! Hopefully I can keep it up. I have a nutracheck app that keeps all of my food diary fat and calorie intake recorded. It's worth having a look if you don't have it already. Tomorrow is my first day going to the gym and I will be swimming and visiting the gym both 3 times a week. I look forward to seeing more updates from you :-) 

Newbie x x 

• Posted

Aww brilliant. I will eventually lower my calorie intake over the next coming weeks. You sound like you have done a lot so far to get into gear. Let's defo keep this up. Wow that's such low fat intake, let me know how you get on with 26gs a day! Remember to take vitimins. I can't wait to see your progression also. 

RiRi xxx

• Posted

What vitamins are you taking? I didn't get any information from my doctor so I didn't know I had to take vitamins but I will definitely pick some up when I'm shopping next time. I wouldn't think you'd need to lower your calorie intake any lower if your already losing weight that quickly, you've got amazing results already! I hope I can do that well in two weeks! Would you recommend the shakes? If you don't mind me asking how much do you spend on them a week? I agree with you it's such a massive change, I find myself getting really hungry but I'm determined to keep cals and fat down to a minimum as my BMI is 43. What is your goal loss?

Newbie x x 

• Posted

Hi, I just take Holland and Barrets own multi vitamin brand. My doc advised me to as Orlistat blocks certain vitamins. I buy slimfast on offer in asda so say 2 tins for £10 that's like 2months worth of shakes stick to the recommended ml per shake and your ready to go. There are also the pre made shakes but they can work out to be expensive. My goal loss is around the 13st mark. I would be happy with that then to tone up & continue to be healthy & strong! 

RiRi x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.