Orodispersible tablets

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I saw my gp yesterday and whilst I am still on 45mg mirt, he has changed the tablets to orodispersible to tablets (because they are slightly cheaper). Just wondered if anyone has tried them? Are they different to the tablets? Have you noticed any change?

Thank you in advance

Shaz

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I went on to orodispersible as I was allergic to colouring on the others.  I did not notice much difference, if any.   Hopefully be fine for you smile
  • Posted

I have given them to people in my line of work and they were just the same effect , so I wouldn't worry

Regards Catherine

• Posted

Thanks Catherine,

They taste awful and leave a funny sensation in my month, which I can only describe as similar to have local anesthetic at the dentist. I will try for a few more nights and see how they go.

• Posted

youu could dissolve them in water, see if that helps smile  
    • Posted

Will try that tonight. See if it helps.

Thank you :-)

• Posted

Yuk! Dissolving the tablets in water was worse that taking them!

Think I am going to have to ring the GP next week!

Thanks for your suggestion though, it was worth giving it a shot :-)

• Posted

Oh dear, not good!  Sorry about that, I would say try dissolving in squash and hold your nose perhaps whilst swallowing ... maybe slightly better than the local anaesthetic ??  

• Posted

I could try that tonight. The smell was quite strong too!

I will to persevere for a few more nights until I can speak to my GP.

Thanks for the suggestion :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.