Orofacial Granulomatosis- My so has been put on an OFG diet as well as no dairy or soya, help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son is 5 he has been put on a dairy, soya and OFG diet. We have only just started he is still getting ready bad cracked bleeding lips and ulcers which is 2 weeks after his initial diarrhea and severe tummy pain flare up. We seemed to have had everything under control on a dairy soya free diet for 6 months and then over Christmas he had a massive flare up. He had also just stopped antibiotics so I am wondering if this was a contributing factor. Anyway does anyone know if he is aloud gelatin, apple juice or red lentils as he had a sore tongue tonight. Feel so sorry for him as so much he can’t have especially at parties. If anyone has any knowledge of sweets etc he is aloud could you let me know. Baring in mind he can’t have dairy either!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi my daughter was diagnosed with ofg and Crohns last year aged 7. She was put on a 6-8 week modulin drink with no food, which was really hard for her as it was over the school summer holidays but did amazing. This totally cleared her mouth up , then they introduced her onto the cinnamon and benzoate free diet. They gave us a list of what she can and can not eat, which had made a massive improvement. Might be worth mentioning to your consultant. Good luck
    • Posted

Do you have the list yet? Because i'm from italy and here the doctors didn't tell me nothing of that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.