Orthopaedic referral

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there..my knee x-ray showed osteoarthritis so I was sent for a knee MRI which showed bad inflammation so I am now being referred to an orthopaedic doctor to see if anything can be done about the mechanical problem....has anyone been in a similar situation? Would just like to know what they may do or recommend..hoping I don't need surgery but don't think they would do that anyway until I lose weight..my mind is getting carried away!!! I have read online that they may put a camera into my knee to see what is going on

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, over the last 11 years, I've experienced pain that has put me to bed for months, wasn't able to breathe without crying pain in my ribs, everything in my body was inflamed. Then an easy miracle that has given me back my fun life with my grandchildren. I stopped eating foods that were high in LECTINS. Nearly everything has lectins in it but try to eliminate the ones that you commonly eat. And see the difference in pain and inflammation in only 3 days.

If it works then you'll know you're on the right track.

Since my body has been inflamed for so many years, I don't know if I can reverse the long term damage, but I do know that 80 percent of my pain has settled now for 6 months, and thats a record. 

All the best in your decisions, its not easy to deal with changes to our bodies, but I truly believe, much of our ailments can be helped with the food we eat.

• Posted

Good morning , I've been ill with inflamed diverticulitis  for the past few days - it's kept me house  bound , feverish and hardly able to eat . I'm getting better but boy, it seems to have increased my arthritis pain , I thought things were bad before but now I'm  really bad , shuffling around the furniture , unable to lift my feet . Could the fever have kicked off this reaction - my lower bones feel as if they're on fire , up top's fine !  Will have to swallow my pride and phone for a doctors appointment , usually I control pain with Ibuprofen and physio but  things are bad today ! 

• Posted

I am scheduled for a total hip replacement. I had severe pain in hip, groin, knee, and shin. I started wearing Leggs active support, control top panty hose. My overall pain has gone from a 9 to a 3. Knee pain and swelling is gone. Control top helps by putting pressure on the hip. You could try non-control top.....
    • Posted

Yes, I find this helps too ! I'm at my most comfortable when I wear a thick pair of tights under thick leggings , it seems to 'support ' the knee joint and holds me together ?    Plus they're cosy too , I think the cold affects arthritis too ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.