Os peroneum removal and tendon/ligament tear

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone, i had severe lateral foot pain, couldnt bear weight, and was swollen as all get out. i went to urgent care, where they told me they didnt know what was wrong (even after x-rays) and told me to elevate, rest and ice. i knew something else was up so i went to an ortho doc and after x-rays and an mri...i had an os peroneum that was completely shattered and torn either my tendon or ligament (i cant remember). i had surgery this past wednesday. they gave me an array of meds (hydros, naproxen, phenergan, keflex, and a muscle relaxer for muscle spasms). my pain has been tolerable. BUT THESE LEG/FOOT SPASMS ARE MAKING ME CRAZY. i have my first follow up appointment tomorrow. has anyone else experienced these spasms?? ive been taking the valium for the muscle relaxing spasm stuff, but i dont feel like ive seen others with this type of issue or discomfort.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i had muscle spasms and crazy pins and needles , vibrations even after 6 months post surgery due to the nerves. i took gabapentin ( still take it) to check the vibrations . check with your doctor if that would work for you. speedy recovery and hang in there .. i always think in my mind , one day it will be back to normal ..be positive and do anything to keep your mind ( i know its tough) from thinking about your pain or spasms

• Posted

thank you for making me feel sane! here i am 6 weeks later and still nerve pain. PT is kind of helping but its still nuts. i can handle the pain the this nerve stuff is going to drive me up a wall.

• Posted

Josie I too have had and still have terrible spasms, like needles sticking in me and terrible pain shooting aching , I have had sugery had 2 pins a plate 20 stitches and I broke 3 bones in my ankle, was in plaster for 8 weeks now got boot for another 6 weeks, and still can only put my foot down indoors for a little not put all weight in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.