Osphena for Atrophic Vaginitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Has anyone tried Osphena-oral medication for AV? I had sensitivities to the Yuvafem, estrace and Intrarosa.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I hope you get some feedback about the Osphena for Atrophic VAGINITIS. i have been on Vagifem for about 3 years now and works well to give me quality of life but have issues with intimacy with husband so my GYN just suggested the Osphena. i am afraid to try it until I hear from others........and dont want to have to take it along with the Vagifem. Did your doctor recommend the OSPHENA.?

Hoping for feedback for you.

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

I have a history of breast cancer and Osphena was something my doctor felt was safe since it is not delivering systemic estrogen. She will not allow me to use other products like Vagifem or estrogen cream with it. I have been on it for 2 months and she said that it could take at least 3 months before my symptoms resolve. I complicated it all with laser therapy which she has stated has delayed the benefits of any drugs.

One of my issues with Yuvafem, estrace and intrarosa was they all were irritants to my skin-I had inflammation with them.

So I hope I only have another month before I get relief. This is terrible. I have been diagnosed with severe atrophic vaginitis.

Chefblue

• Posted

Hi Chefblue

Yes...Atrophic Vaginitis is terrible! Did your doctor say you cannot use ESTROIL cream as well? My GP said its less risk than Vagifem. It has to be filled in a compound pharmacy. My GYN started me on the Vagifem and doesnt seem concerned enough to switch me to Estroil..... I am concerned as my sister had breast cancer... Because I am using Vagifem, i get my yearly Mammograms and I see a breast surgeon 6 months after mammogram and he orders a breast ultrasound....

before the Vagifem kicked in i felt like I had a constant UTI.....is that what you feel as well?

i hope you feel better soon....please keep me posted I wish you well with Osphena......and may try the sample of it myself.

wendy

• Posted

Wendy

Yes I feel like I have a constant UTI. I will ask her about the Estroil cream. I think she did say I could not do both treatments at the same time....

I will keep you posted. Take care!

Chefblue

• Posted

Chefblue

Maybe you can google Estriol. It is the gentlest form of estrogen. Sorry I spelled it wrong yesterday. it is so frustrating for Atrophic Vaginitis needs estrogen.....and for women with past breast cancer like you or like me with it in family....its not So good to use evidently... I was so desperate to heal from the discomfort and was so relieved that the Vagifem was able to help me feel normal again ( it did take several weeks to work). BUT! now I do worry about breast cancer with taking it. my Gyn doctor tells me its low dose and mostly stays in the vaginal area but Im sure it goes in other areas of body........much better than taking oral HRT.

I so hope that the Osphena works for you and hope it will work for all of us in need to feel normal.

thank you for sharing....i hope you will hear from others about Osphena!

wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.