Osteo arthritis and site of pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Anyone with either or both neck and spinal arthritis, can you tell me where you get the pain, talking about referred or radiating pain as well.  I was told around 5/6 years ago that I have degeneration right down the spine and in the neck.  So far have had limited pain but now suffering from pain in both places.  I also have OA in both knees and have had bad pain the past but not so bad now.  I have other health problems as well.  I have also been wondering about fibromyalgia as sometimes the pain seem to be everywhere from head to toes both sides.  Seems to be brought on worse by a lot of walking bending and general housework.  Am seeing my gp on Thursday to ask for either physio referral or something.  I had X rays on spine and neck around 5/6 years a go and on my knees many years ago.  I am  70 years old.  Funnily enough my husband is also having a lot of neck pain and has been told it is arthritis and is being sent for physio.  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi libralady

I had a spinal fusion in my neck 2 years ago. I had pain in my neck, shoulders and sometimes top of my arms. The pain was so bad sometimes I could not lift my head off my pillow I had to roll out of bed. Eventually my balance was effected and my finger tips went numb. Scans showed discs worn out and my spinal cord was being crushed. My surgeon said I had to have the operation urgently as I would eventually loose the use of my hands and legs.

The opp. was a great success. I no longer have any pain and further damage has been halted. Nerve tests and an MRI scan will show your doctor  how much damage you have. 

Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.