osteoarthritis

Posted , 2 users are following.

has anyone experienced OA in the toes and feet burning tingling sensation i have had an xray and i have problem with  L5-S1 in the lower back

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The area where you have OA in the lumbar sacral region may be inflamed and pressing on nerves going down to your toes. I'm 99% sure this is what's going on with you.
    • Posted

Hi  CA-Lynn    I think you maybe right  i  am hoping there is something they can do for me at the hosp   Thank so much   Best Wishes Sandra x

• Posted

Hi

I havent had an X ray for it but have OA in back, hips, lower spine, neck and ankle LOL

The ankle is due to trauma

My feet get hot, tingle {but not like pins and needles !!!} Sometimes feel swollen as if my toes are like sausages....dont think they are but thats the way they feel.

Thats as near as I get to what you feel

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Thanks eileen  thanks for commented it helps so much that i am able to talk to other people with the same complaint so grateful to you  Best Wishes Sandra x

• Posted

Hello Sandra,  I have osteoarthritis through my spine including the area you mention, the tingling burning feeling in my toes is a frequent event,  the last few weeks I also feel as if I have a ' ball ' under the ball of my feet, and am guessing it is connected to the feeling in the toes,  soaking the feet in warm water gives relief,  maybe just comfort lol.  Sorry not able come up with a cure,  think it will be nerves being irritated from your back.

Best wishes  Jessie.

• Posted

Hi Jessie, Thanks for your help i also was wondering if the trouble with my toes was directly from the disc trouble in my back, do you also notice the area of pain changes like this morning have pain like you said underneath the foot  Best Wishes Sandra

• Posted

Hello Sandra,  It does not change as such,  both the burning tingling toes and having a ball under my foot can be there at the same times.   The intensity of the feeling in the toes can change,  it becomes a very definate pain in them at times,  like the joints are inflamed.    Hope the problem is not causing you a lot of discomfort/pain,  if it affects your mobility maybe a word with your Dr is in order.   

Best wishes Jessie

• Posted

Hi Sandra

Have you got an appointment for the hospital or are you waiting for one???

Pleas let us know what happens at the appointment

Love

Eileen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.