osteoarthritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, i am new to the group so not sure if this uestion applies to it but here goes   i suffer with osteoarthritis in knees, back,shouders, asthma. for 222 years i have been  no fixed abode, i receive dla for care and mobility. i have just been offered a disabled flat unfurnished. is there anywhere i can go to get financial help for items such as fridge,cooker,beds etc. thank you in advance. fred, manchester

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

that should read 2 years sorry
    • Posted

Speak to your local council. There should be a community care team who can help you with the big items.
  • Posted

Hi Fred,if you gone on different web sites such as things for sale in your area and ask if anyone is gifting any of the items you are wanting you will be surprised how people will help you if you explain your situation.Hope this is of some help.
  • Posted

There is a freecycle web site, I can't post the link where people give away stuff and you can request what you are looking for 

• Posted

There is a place called Furniture Turnaround where I live.  People donate unwanted items and with a letter from the council/benefits office/citizens advice they distribute items to those in need.  I'm sure there is somewhere near you with a similar scheme.  I would go to Citizens Advice Bureau who will be aware of what is available in your area.

Good luck x

• Posted

i must have read your mind. me and my son just been to cab and received a letter to take to local parish, i will do that soon, thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.