Osteoarthritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just returned home from hospital due to dibilitating back pain.whilst in I had an MRI which showed posterior building of the L2/L3,L3/L4 and L4/ L5 also it showed haemangioma in the L3 veritable body posteriorly, also I have scolosis<br />

Could anyone explain this to me in laymen terms please?<br />

i am in dibilitating pain with my back and my hip has now started to give way. <br />

I also suffer with osteoarthritis and have had both hips replaced due to avascular necrosis, which has now developed in my feet. <br />

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Vertebral Haemangioma - Nothing to worry about - This wont cause you a problem. Its a benign tumour. it wont turn into cancer. Forget about it.

Scoliosis - your spine isn’t completely straight.

Posterior Bulging of L2/L3, L3/L4 and L4/L5 - you’re discs are degenerating and they’re bulging backwards. This isn’t the same as a slipped disc - which is where the disc tears.

Overall you have spinal osteoarthritis/spondylosis and this is probably causing your pain.

I would advise doing some gentle strecthes. See if you can improve it. Google or youtube “exercise for spinal osteoarthritis”.

• Posted

Hi Ben 

Thank you for your reply, I shall take a look. 

Hopefully this will help as the pain is very debilitating. 

Kind regards

• Posted

What Ben said, although if you can get assistance from a physiotherapist who can tailor exercises to your particular needs that would be best.  I wondered if you know the cause of the avascular necrosis?  This can be caused by some medications.  
    • Posted

Hi 

The thing is I've seen many physiotherapist and done what has been told, I also have had several injections from epidural to heat abbration . I do get relief but only for a limited tons and then the pain comes back with avengeous... so they are reluctant to do anymore on me. 

My whole body is riddled with it, as for the avascular necrosis in both hips , it could be due to a genetic fault I have called smad3

Also known as aneurysm osteoarthritis syndrome. 

I also developed SPD when I was pregnant with my last child 14 yrs ago . Before I became pregnant there was nothing the matter with me ... I went to the gym and was very active.

My sister also has the same condition yet she is five years in front of me and her condition is much more advanced . 

• Posted

This is a rough road you've had to travel.  I'm so sorry.  ?

• Posted

Thank you for your empathy ; I just think at times however it is what it is and because I have had this cruel condition for many years unfortunately it becomes part of who you are eventually. 

We have to keep up the fight don't we? ??😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.