Osteoarthritis across chest

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi have oa in neck and hands and have started getting the pain across chest and into ribs, the really sore stingy burning pain that you get in hands etc. It is also making my throat and chest feel raw sort of like when you have a severe chest infection. Does anyone else have this. The reason the for the question is I have GERD and am struggling to work out whether the throat is caused by that or the oa pain radiating. I can also feel a raised bone area across top of chest like you get when your joints become thicker. Hope this makes sense

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I also have oa in my neck and gord, both for many years. i have had a sore throat with redness an acid taste and coughing, all due to gord, but never the chest symptoms you describe. Dont know if that s of any help.

• Posted

Thanks, managed to get a docs appointment this morning and going to send me for an endoscopy, but also said the raised bony area I can feel under skin across chest was osteoarthritis, it stings and burns the same as finger joints, he thinks its a mixture of both, which is a nuisance.

• Posted

sound like acid reflux or heartburn pain to me I suffer with that to

• Posted

If taking anti inflammatories at any significant dosage level, these can cause bad stomach issues and reflux and heartburn can be quite severe. Need to take a stomach protector like omeprazole or lansoprazole but these meds also have some nasty side effects too.

• Posted

yes I'm taking Lansoprazole as well buy still get problem

• Posted

yes it's acid reflux alright. i have the same problem. and on the same medication

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.