Osteoarthritis At age 22?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've had this pain on my hip for about two years now when i was 20. Im a 22 year old male who usually goes to the gym and rides the bike. It started as a soft pain which i didnt pay much attention. What i think is that maybe i was doing a squat at the gym and i did not do it properly. However, in the past year it got stronger and i went to see an Orthopedist. He did an X ray which came out fine. Then he did an MRI and told me to do physical therapy and that i will get better.

The teraphy didn't help much as the pain got stronger. A month ago i went to see a rheumatologist. He said that i have OA. I've been researching it since thinking, how can i have this ?

That is my question, how is it possible that i could have this at my age?

I have pain after standing up from a chair and then starting to walk. It usually goes away after 2 minutes of walking but lately i have noticed that it stays always as im walking. My concern is the future. If i really have this what will happen when im 30? It really scares me. Do you think the doctors are right?

Any suggestions based on my symptoms would be appreciated.

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

ok, Dont give up yet...

​I appreicate the rheumatologist says there is OA. The reason he is probably saying this is becuase he can see osteophytes and can show them to you. However, the radiologist has not entirely ruled out a labral tear. In addition, you have edema - bone lesions, one of which has healed and one which has got worse.   Athe stage of OA you are at, you dont normally get lesions - they are more linked to either injury and tears or to auto-immune arthritis.  So if it was me, i would not accept this just yet especially as the radiology report does not state that your cartilege is bone on bone.  So i would get a copy of all your xrays, get mri on a CDROM - the hospitals normally chage about $15 equivlent for this in UK and go see a top orthopod as you are going to need one. At this point, action, as i said previously required. Surf the internet looking for the best orthopaedic guys in the top 3 teaching hospitals in NY.  Then look at their consultant resume. You need someone in their 40's actively engaged in sports injuries of the leg and stem cell stuff ideally.

​They wil then make much more detailed investigation as to why you have the osteophytes and whether this can be corrected in a number of ways, either by e.g compression, microfractures, stem cells.  Do your finals first and concentrate on them as thats important. Then get on the case and DONT GIVE UP YET. I understand why the rheumy has said OA but that isnt the end of the story yet in this instance. Depending on what is causing this, there are different treatments which will be offered to you compared to aging-type OA.  The rheumy does not seem in this instance to have worked out why the osteophytes may be appearing and this may be dur to labrum or to the scoliosis which in turn is affecting leg.

​You need a top orthopod. Do your exams and then immediately get on the case. Dont despair as you have not got all the story yet.    PIlates wont harm you in the meantime but i;d do your exams first and park all of this for a month and then get on case - and nothing will be more important in your life at that point in getting the right guy to treat you. Action plan called for.  SUggest:

​1.  Do exams and park this.  if you start to worry, just sya, "no, i'm going to sort it in 3 weeks'.

​2. Get your xrays and mri on disc as this will save cash

​3. Research which orthopod to see in NY

4. Write to JH for help ASAP. They wont make you wait months. They may be able to advise on someone in NY

​5. Ask ortho guy a) about edema b) about scoliosis c) about what physical therapy you need to correct either. Dont do much in meantime.

​6. Change your diet to ensure you get rid of the edema - give your body all the nutrients it needs naturally. REsearch it. Quite a fmaoud chef in NY who is widely reported as changing his diet - google, will give you some hope.

​7. Get a veggie cook book so you dont get bored and learn to cook!

​8. Start researching which are the physical therapists in NY who are speciliast inmusculo-skeletal issues and specifically scoliosis of lumbar spine / hip - but who are also into sports injuries - you are probably going to need one.  Ask physios you know who they would go to.

​9. Get decent trainers to make sure you are not pronating your feet.

​i.e. decide action plan, then do your exams and then get on case. DONT GIVE UP YET. You have not got to the bottom of this yet.

• Posted

I have decided that i will not let this ruin my life. There are treatments and in the worst case scenario i can get a hip replacement.

It just chocked me today the news that i have it on both hips. I think the stem cell treatment will help me. I saw some places in nyc where they do stem cell treatment. I will call them and ask them if they can help me. I will try pilates as well.

Thank you again. I will keep you informed of when i get another orthopedists.

• Posted

hI,

​good for you.Thats the attitude.  Here are the people you need to write to:

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/orthopaedic-surgery/specialty-areas/hip-knee/experts.html

​Further you may not need a replacement ... depends on what is causing it and state of labrum.  Might be fixed with decompression. As i say dont give up till you know underlying issue...

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/publications/johns_hopkins_orthopaedic_surgery/johns_hopkins_orthopaedic_surgery_winter_2015/core_decompression_treats_early_stage_osteonecrosis_of_the_hip

If different issue, then they will probably keep you on pain killers till stem cells more common place. Dont go to any stem cell person - teaching hospital is key - as bit too early and a few cowboys out there.  UK just started big 1200 people stem cell 3rd stage clinical trial at Southampton and the UK national orthopaedic centre just started too.  But if necrosis, then need something different.    So the underlying thing a big deal.  The positive is actually that one edema healed itself. After your exams do everything possible to get the other one to heal. Diet key to that.

Hey if insurance is an issue, find a british girl to fall in love with and come here...): or go swot like crazy and get a job here!!... 

​always ways round these things ...the brain is a marvellous thing you know...

​I just went on a swimming course following hte alexander technique last weekend.  Google how to swim the steven shaw way - will help you -  but on that course their was a guy whose wife had been diagnosed with lupus some years ago and had been in terrible pain.  She went on a clinical trial for 3 years and went into remission and got much better.  then the trial stopped. After a further year they re-contacted the hospital to beg them to give her back the drugs she had been on. When they looked up, they were stunned to find she had been on the placebo only.  They believed that because she believed she was on something that was making her better, less crtisol was released less stress and the chemical change was enough to stop the protease enzymes attacking the joint. 

​The team i work with at Southampton are also interested in for example placing a little box in the neck which has a magnet as gys in Amsterdam worked out the vagus nerve turns on and off inflammation. So when the pain flares, the patient turns on the magnet and turns off the immune system.   Neither of these things will help you but i write to show you things being done and this is at forefront of medical advancement... the drug companies are vying to be the first to find a cure for arthritis as its worth billions and there are 3 avenues of research:

​1. stopping the chemical reaction in the joint where the protease / free radicals are destroying it. This is where tons of antioxidants helps in meantime

​2. Stem cells to repair it

​3. Controling inflammation via vagus nerve or other route.

​So you see, you have an issue. But it is not insurmountable. Granted you cant take a pill and it will go away, but with a bit of action and commitment you will be OK. You have a life to live trust me on this. A wonderful life.  Its a challenge but its not life threatening.

​Go swot to keep all options open!!

• Posted

Hello,

Im sorry for the days without responding back. I just decided to forget about this for a few days. I'm still taking all my vitamins and I started eating healthier. Im using a heat pack and ice throughout the day on both of my hips. I have noticed that my right hip (the good one) is starting to hurt. Idk why this is progressing so fast. Im sure once the right leg goes becomes like the left i will probably have problems walking because when i stand up from chair i use my right leg to stand for a few minutes until the left leg becomes "better" to walk on. Im also using icy hot cream on both of my hips. Hoping that it helps.

I did not find an specific email or address to write to the people of St Hopkins but i will keep looking. I have the apt for this Wednesday eith a doctor that i found at Manhattan. Hopefully they can help and wont say "we cant do anything" like the others. I did contact the stem cell in new york and they sent me an email telling me that they dont take any kind of insurance and that stem cell therapy might be "costly."

I dont know how to swim. Ive taken two classes in high school and in college and still dont know. But i think i can try it again one more time. Not giving up on swimming just yet.

You mention: "protease enzymes attacking the joint" could i be feeding these enzymes by eating something specific and as consequences therere becoming stronger and "eating" my joints faster? I am really surprised that my right leg is going so fast. This is what im taking:

Vitamin D3

Vitamin C

Vitamin E

Omega 3 (and eating lots of fish as well)

Icy hot cream

Calcium pills

Heat pad

Ice

I really took action during the past week. Im also doing exercises and starting to walk more. I know i cant run but i can walk and hopefully the muscle will get stronger. Im now surprised that my right hip is starting to hurt. It doesnt bother me at all but its "starting" and i know itll just get worse.

Thank you again for all your support. Im convinced now that, in the worst case scenario ill just get a hip replacement. I just dont wanna be without walking but i know it wont happen.

Thank you

• Posted

hi

​you need to get to an orthopod to ascertain what is the underlying cause. IF this is e.g. necrosis (which is lack of blood supply to the joint) then the standard treatment would be compression (they stick a screw in to stabiise the joint) which delays hip replacement for many years. In other cases in early OA, with different underlying causes, they may try microfracture where they drill tiny little holes in the bone which helps the cartilege to stabiise. Different treatments for different underlying issues. The edema gives them an idea of what is causing the underlying issue and sounds as if it could be a scoliosis of the lower back which has meant you put more pressure on one side than the other and then when you start favouring one side, the other goes.   This is why you need a good orthopod.   It is a bit different at your age compared to older adults (who are wearing out per se). 

​However, OA is not a continual disease in a straight line. It is more accurately described as wear & repair & wear etc.... there are periods when it flares a bit and then the body repairs itself and then something triggers the next flare.  So dont despair on the right leg as might just be on a flare.  Take heart in that one of your edemas healed. Eating right will give the other a chance of healing.  What happens is that generally in "inflammation",  which sounds innocous but is not, is that free radicals get out of control. These are uncharged molecules which have an unpaired electron. They are highly reactive and normally short lived. When we eat anti-oxidants, they attach themselves to the free radicals and destroy them. Good.  Too few anti-oxidants and the free radicals cause damage.  So you cant really go wrong eating a lot of natural anti-oxidants (rather than supplements as supplements dont have the specific thing included in them to destroy free radicals as well).  Also high doses of supplements will interefere with how your body absorbs other vitamins. Personally, i feel much better when i come off supplements with perhaps the exception of vit D. However, if your have an underlying bone issue ,they may prescribe you high doses of Calcium.  THis is where you need a good orthopod.   But generally you cant go wrong if you eat them rather than take them.  High Anti-oxidants are pretty much any fruit, especially berries - anything red or black or dark is generally mch better e.g. red/black  grapes, red/black cherries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries;   Nuts - 3 Brazil Nuts a day give you your daily allowance of selenium which most people are weak on;  Selenium is an anti-oxidant you need. Any nuts will do but brazil nuts very good for selenium but you only need 3 a day as they have 33 calories in each! You then - wait for it - need dark gren veggies - i find it better sauteed; replace potatoes with sweet potatoes - again anything orange or red etc always has a lot, then eat FISH, So basically eat a lot of roasted veggies with fish done in the oven - really easy as fish only takes 10 mins to cook; just chop up a ton of veggies and chuck them in the baking tray with olive oil. Yummie. Or sautee them off and have with omlette. Learn to cook.....its quite fun... never used to as i ran a business but got into it now and have way fewer flares now.

​Dont worry about your right leg - probably on its first flare and will die down. However, mainly dont worry about it until you have seen a good orthopod  as they will work out the underlying cause, the treatment you need and the physical therapy you need to rebalance it especially if you have a scoliosis - you might just need a wedge in one shoe to balance or something. This is where a top guy really helps.

​The name of the game is that if your pain is 'flaring' and hurts, then normally take ibuprofen & codeine to get rid of the inflammatin fast - maybe for a few days. Then come off it. Always eat right as you have a propensity for damage so need to be more careful thanthe general population. Get rid of inflammation causing foods - red meat, alcohol, wheat, sugar, especially when its hurting as you are fedding the free radicals. You will get used to it.... inflammation is your enemy. You will enjoy it the more you learn to cook.... you need to love fruit & veg & fish & Nuts & Seeds & chicken...

​Swimming... earn to swim the Steven Shaw way - videos on google - will help you.

​The joint also needs movement in order to release the good chemicals. So worst thing is to become sedentary. BUt if it is hurting better to do pilates or yoga for movement and muscle building. When it is less painful (in a healing phase) then walk - i personally feel much better doing 5 miles per day than 3. I track on i-phone.

​It takes about a year of doing the above to feel much better. However, you have an underlying issue re the edema and scoliosis which the orthipod needs to provide specific advice on so in the meantime i;d just cut the supplements, get cooking anti-oxidants, do pilates as none of that will harm you, until you get top whack advice on exactly what is going to really help your specific issues.

Dont give up on stem cells if cartilege issue - get yourslef on a trial - they are run for free.... lots of clinical trials being run now at 3rd stage - i.e. pre going live on national population.  Write to JH - they will be interested in you due to your age. Dont give up - expect to find as many duff doctors as good ones and if you find a duff one to start with, dont give up, just keep going till you find one who knows their stuff.   You are NOT going to be disabled by this - the next bit of the action plan is to change diet, get to middle or lower of your bmi on weight; take up pilates; get a very good orthopod.   All of this will help you and get rid of inflammation.  Inflammation is your enemy. Do everything possible to get rid of it by natural means and when too much,through anti-inflammatories but go low on the latter unless on a 'flare' when more important to get rid of inflammation than to live with it.   If you are tempted to eat a massive burger for dinner with a beer, then just rememeber its going to eat your joint. I find the image unappeaing and it puts me off.

​There is a good book on Amazon on this called Arthritis RX. Also a chef in New York 'cured' his RA (which you dont have) by changing diet and this is worth looking up as the diet is good. Google Seamus Mullen New York.  Finally, if you need a bit more of the upsied... Novak Djokovic the no 1 tennis player was brought up by parents who owned a pizza restaurant. He ONLY won his 1st slam event after changing his diet... look it up as thats the diet you need to be on.... he is quite religious about it so easy to find on google.

The diet - especially cutting out wheat, sugar etc will control the inflammation to some degree as it gets rid of free radicals causing damage - but you still need a good orthopod - but you can wait 2 weeks till after your finals...

Keep your spirits up which is hard i know but you will be OK. Try not to be frightened as the cortisol doesnt help. If in huge pain take some nurofen plus - dont know what it si in USA - nurofen + codeine to lower the inflammation.  I'd probably take that thourhg my finals and then go find an orthopod.   Take care - if you feel down, just write... you will be OK. 

​you remind me of that scene in the movie Titanic when Jack is saying to the girl "you wil be ok Rose, you will live a long and happy life and have grandkids..." and she does. So might seem like you are sinking but you really are not... lots to be done yet and the rate of progress is quite fast so hang on in there... centre your brain on an action plan and top of that list is to do well in your finals.

• Posted

Bad news,

The Orthopedists said he has nothing to offer and that im destine to have a hip replacement before im 30.

This was said by a doctor from New York University Hospital. He did tell me that theres people at this age who have this. He said he does not know the cause of it which for me seems strange coming from a doctor who works at the New York University Hospital. I was really disappointed by this doctor. He did take x rays and confirmed once again that it is osteoarthritis.

At this point i will accept that i have osteoarthritis.

He did give me a recommendation to another doctor who does stem cells treatment. This will be costly though because the insurance doesn't cover it and i have to pay out of pocket. But i think i will do it.

Im eating more natural than never before in my life. I took your advise and im just taking vitamin D. The rheumatologist did say that i have low vitamin D levels. Could that be the cause of this? Im eating lots of vegetables and fruits. Lots of fish. Lots of natural juices as well. I stopped completely eating cereal, and any other foods that might give me immflamuation. Im using ice three times a day and hopefully it will calm down the immflamuation. I also take acetaminophen when i feel it too immflamated.

This is what ill do next:

I tried to find clinical trials for stem cells but i could not find any. I will keep looking.

I will prepare a letter to St Hopkins explaining my case to see if they do anything.

In the worst case scenario, i will have to get a hip replacement surgery in a few years. Hopefully it doesnt happen and i can reverse or stop the disease but I don't want to get my hopes up.

This is not the end of my life, there are people who are fighting cancer and are afraid to die. I am very grateful that it is not something that could kill me. It won't even let me paralyze without walking because i can get the hip replacement.

So far you have been the only person helping me on this and i don't even know you. Not even the doctors have been able to give me concrete advises. I really thank you for this from the bottom of my heart.

• Posted

Hey Cesar.

In 23 myself, and also have osteoarthritis and carpal tunnel in my wrist.

When I was in the army 4 years ago I broke my scaphoid during training, and my doctor mentioned that taking half the scaphoid out would be more beneficial than putting in a screw.

So, I agreed and he did the surgery. I did occupational therapy for almost a year, with literally no results what's so ever. My wrist is actually worse now.

I ended up getting medical separated from the army after 5 years of service.

Now, I have severe arthritis and carpal tunnel. My wrist is always swollen, aching pain (sometimes very sharp stings), and lately I haven't been able to sleep because it hurts so bad and it's very bothersome.

No doctors will help me, basically gave me anti inflammatory medication.

Long story short, yes you can have it.

• Posted

I have progressively become worse. My right knee started to hurt a lot while walking. I’m starting to think that I might have rheumatoid arthritis although the doctor said he did not find anything on the blood test. Most of the medication and diet have not helped. I have bought a lot of different medications. I just bought Chondroitin and Glucosamine both sulfates. I hope that they might work during the next week or two. My entire life I did get high fever when I was little. My parents were told that it was because of my tonsils. On normal days where I don’t have fever I feel like my body is warmer than normal internally. I hope that I don’t have RA, but it now seems likely, having the pain started on my knee. 
    • Posted

Hi

ask to see the blood test results...

In 80%of ra cases the rheumatoid factor would be positive. As its not definitive, the carp level would be very high. In addition they normally do a genetics test for b27 . Also you feel really unwell with ra like you have bad flu.

So it's quite easy to test for ra so if rheumatologist says you have not then unlikely as the blood has very clear markers.

I think your next port of call should be to ask to be referred to an immunologist who can do morecdetailedctests and will pick up other things. What does your rheumatologist say?

Have you seen the MRI or X-rays? What do they look like?

Don't give up - keep nagging rheumatologist - try get to a better hospital, a teaching hospital

• Posted

Sorry typo...Crp levels...
    • Posted

I do have the test with me. I will write them out:

HLA B27  =  Negative

WBC  = 6.8    (normal)

RBC = 5.50   (normal)

Hemoglobin = 15.9  (normal)

Hematocrit = 45.5  (normal)

MCV  =  83   (normal)

MCH =  28.9  (normal)

MCHC  = 34.9  (normal)

RDW  =  13.9  (normal)

Platelets  = 178 (the range is from 150 to 379, so I would say it may be low? )

RA Latex Turbid  = 9.6 (normal)

CCP Antibodies IgG /IgA  = 2   (negative <20) vitamin="" d,="" 25-hydroxy=" " 28.7="" (this="" came="" low="" the="" range="" is="" 30-100.="" i="" started="" taking="" vitamin="" d)="" lyme="" igg/igm="" ab =" "><0.91 (normal)

ana direct = negative

c-reactive protein, quant = 1.7

it doesn’t seem to be anything abnormal other than slightly low vitamin d. i also have the mri and the x-rays with me. is there a way to get them to you?

i went to an orthopedic at the nyu hospital two weeks ago, it did not go well. he basically told me there is nothing do to. he gave me the number for stem cell treatment, i’m still deciding on that since it will be costly.

maybe this has nothing something to do with this but i will give this piece of information to you. when i have sex with my partner, the next day i have strong pain across my legs (both of them). i don’t know exactly when it started but i’m thinking that it may have something to do with my condition? just thought that i should share that with you to see what you think.  (normal)="" ana="" direct="Negative" c-reactive="" protein,="" quant="1.7"  ="" it="" doesn’t="" seem="" to="" be="" anything="" abnormal="" other="" than="" slightly="" low="" vitamin="" d.="" i="" also="" have="" the="" mri="" and="" the="" x-rays="" with="" me.="" is="" there="" a="" way="" to="" get="" them="" to="" you?="" i="" went="" to="" an="" orthopedic="" at="" the="" nyu="" hospital="" two="" weeks="" ago,="" it="" did="" not="" go="" well.="" he="" basically="" told="" me="" there="" is="" nothing="" do="" to.="" he="" gave="" me="" the="" number="" for="" stem="" cell="" treatment,="" i’m="" still="" deciding="" on="" that="" since="" it="" will="" be="" costly.="" maybe="" this="" has="" nothing="" something="" to="" do="" with="" this="" but="" i="" will="" give="" this="" piece="" of="" information="" to="" you.="" when="" i="" have="" sex="" with="" my="" partner,="" the="" next="" day="" i="" have="" strong="" pain="" across="" my="" legs="" (both="" of="" them).="" i="" don’t="" know="" exactly="" when="" it="" started="" but="" i’m="" thinking="" that="" it="" may="" have="" something="" to="" do="" with="" my="" condition?="" just="" thought="" that="" i="" should="" share="" that="" with="" you="" to="" see="" what="" you="">

ana direct = negative

c-reactive protein, quant = 1.7

it doesn’t seem to be anything abnormal other than slightly low vitamin d. i also have the mri and the x-rays with me. is there a way to get them to you?

i went to an orthopedic at the nyu hospital two weeks ago, it did not go well. he basically told me there is nothing do to. he gave me the number for stem cell treatment, i’m still deciding on that since it will be costly.

maybe this has nothing something to do with this but i will give this piece of information to you. when i have sex with my partner, the next day i have strong pain across my legs (both of them). i don’t know exactly when it started but i’m thinking that it may have something to do with my condition? just thought that i should share that with you to see what you think. >

• Posted

Hi Patrick,

Bummer you are in USA as i dont know who to go to in USA... although did go to see HEB in San Antonio some years ago...

​OK, i think you need to go to a different hand surgeon... maybe you have already...

​Have you tried plastic hand splints?  They are made by hand therapists and put the wrists in an 'at rest position' at night to help them recover. Have you tried this? might help...

​However, sounds to me like they botched the scaphoid op and you need a very good guy to correct - they will be able to sort out the carpal tunnel... and might pad the scaphoid with a tendon... 2nd opinion called for ?

• Posted

OK, it does NOT look as if you have RA or early RA... the Rheumy has ordered the correct blood tests for this and the significant one you have posted are not positive for RA. The CRP does not back RA; the gene test they ordered for you (HLA B27) is also negative; both of these would be indicative rather than definitive but both are negative; no inflammation is shown from what you have shared and there is nothing to inidicate RA at current time. YOu dont feel unwell either. All of which is good. They have also tested for Lyme as you are in USA. Negative.  They have not got to the bottom of what has triggered your joint issue. This remains unknown (and may remain unknown, rather unhelpfully...). 

​They have not really made clear to you if you have a back issue which has affected your hips or a hip issue etcetc. They have presumably from the MRI and X-ray come up with a clinical diganosis of OA based on that fact your bloods are pretty normal and presumably your x-rays show joint space narrowing.  What have they explained to you in terms of what you should do / what meds to take / how badly the joint is affected?  What is the follow up they have suggested at the current time?

​The vit D  level is VERY low. Supplements are OK but they are not as good as sun - you need at least an hour a day outside to boost this and there is a correlation between arthritis and low Vit D. HOwever, the population at large normally has low Vit D levels in winter - but this is VERY low - mine is low at 44 for example and i make every effort to be outside without suncare for at least an hour a day...

But virtually everyone in NY wil have Vit d levels of e.g. about 40, all low especially after winter...

​So the issue you have is a) soemthing is triggering this but it may be up to you to work out what as this is the forefront of medical science - everyne trying to work out triggers... hence all the exclusion diets to try and work out...  b) IF it is OA, which woudl be incredibly rare, then given your age, what did the ortho guy suggest? Did he suggest microfracture, gel, stem cells or what?  I think if it was me, then i would a) check my knees out b) ask the guy to show you ​on the xray and mri WHY he thinks there is joint space narrowing c) has it got as far as bone being on bone or is it early stage and d) if early stage, i'd personally book an appointment to discuss with a top stem cell guy.  The thing about stem cells is that within 2-3 years this will probably be the norm - the first massive trial now being done in UK - so wheras a year ago,maybe 100 done in UK, by end of year, maybe 5000. So if early stage then the stem cell guys may say wait a year... or they may say try this instead... etc.

​However, i think my gut feel is that you need to try and ascertain why the hip is going - did you ask about necrosis - as if the latter thay would almost certainly pin it and you'd be fine for some years.  What did the guy say?  What is the follow up?

I'd think the sex thing is simply because if you have an issue with your hips, then going to hurt using them...    the thing is you need to see the xrays - did they show you which side the joint was going? e.g. if on inside, did they recommend pilates to put pressure on outside etc.  If you knew which side (inside, outside) the issue was you can probably adjust your position so you don't hurt so much...

​what did they say - i dont think its good enough the guy just said nothing to be done at your age... what did they recommend...

• Posted

All of the three doctors that I saw just said that I should be taking anti-inflammatory. They did not recommend on anything else. The doctor from New York University Hospital suggested stem cells treatment but he said he’s not sure if this will help. He said he did not see a necrosis. He basically let me clear that I will need a hip replacement before I’m 30.. He did not offer any other solution. I will try and contact the stem cells specialist in the upcoming weeks and try to make an appointment with him.

Tomorrow I will also make an appointment with my orthopedic to see if he can do some xrays on my knee to see what the problem is there. I will keep you informed on what happens. My next steps are basically receive stem cell treatment and figure out what’s happening on my knee.

I was also thinking that maybe I have something in my stomach that is not digesting food well and therefore not getting enough nutrients to my stomach. I will ask my primary physician to do analysis of my stool to see if there’s any bad bacteria affecting my digestion. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.