Osteomyelitis in my jaw..3 years later it's now spread to my chest

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi is anyone else in this situation with osteomyelitis in the jaw? I now feel so poorly with it and have just found out it's gone into my chest I noticed a lump on my sternum so had an MRI scan which revealed its osteomyelitis this disease is taking over my life and I'm sick of my face keep swelling I just can't seem to get it down anymore my chest causes pain in my arms and hands and chest pains sometimes I feel I can't breathe

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel so bad for you.  Are you in the US? What is your treatment plan?  Can they give you a picc line and let you do your own IV antibiotics at home?

Has any of your doctors mentioned doing a fused ct/pet scan?

• Posted

Hi no I'm in the uk, I don't know what my treatment plan is I'm in under 4 different hospitals and all I keep getting is antibiotics to take home with me wich are not working due to it spreading I did ask the doctors when I started reading up on osteomyelitis and they said no it can't spread but I knew it could. The last doctor I spoken to mentioned about me staying in hospital for 7 weeks but Iv not heard anything since and with having 2 young children it's not option there's no way I can stay in hospital for this amount of time..do you suffer with osteomyelitis? 

• Posted

I am having the same problems as you and I am in the U.K. To and getting nowhere with it . The pain is terrible and I've now discovered a lump near ear and jawbone . Had enough too 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.