Osteopathy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been seeing an osteopath (about a problem in my shoulder) and when I mentioned the trigeminal neuralgia, he said that he's seen some good results achieved by working on the muscle that comes down the side of the face (can't remember the name).  That made sense to me as when I get the pain the only way I can get some relief is to open my mouth really wide and massage the area just above the jaw joint.  Has anyone had any experience with this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi heather. 

I do exactly what you do, opening my jaw as wide as poss and massage the jaw joint. I haven’t seen an osteopath but would be very interested to hear if anyone else has and had a good result. Plus if anyone’s can recommend an osteopath who has had good results, that would be good. I’m between Milton Keynes and Bedford but will travel! I’m off all medication as couldn’t cope with side effects and take cbd oil, turmeric, high dose b vitamins and magnesium. Still get pain but no different than being on the meds. Personally if he’s had good results I’d give your osteopath a go! Nothing to lose. Good luck. Paula x

• Posted

Hi Heather just joined. I only found out i had TN 5 weeks ago. Also had sore shoulder for about a year , same time TN diagnosed shoulder got worse, travelled down full arm. It's now frozen shoulder. Dr said he sending me to bon e man???? When I get appointment I'll ask him if there's any connection with TN and shoulder. Let you no.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.