Osteopenia, Vit k2 and indigestion

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI - I've had osteopenia for a few years without it progressing ( though dexa scan due soon) and maybe I've helped it not deteriorate to much by taking calcium supplements and vit d3. However, I recently became concerned about links with calcifications in arteries and heart but understand taking vitamin k2 can prevent this. So I bought some of this supplement, with the fermented bit being derived through chickpeas rather than soya but have had some nausea and indigestion. is it linked? Anyone know more about this or experience issues over taking vit k2? Thanks, Marianne

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marianne

I have osteoporosis and decided to take K2 as I read it was needed for healthy bones. I haven't had any indigestion problems with this and been taking it for about 6 months.

• Posted

Hi Marianne,

Make sure that the amounts you are ingesting are okayed by your doctor. Did you discuss the tummy problems with your doctor to see if there is anything that is causing the problem? I take a multi-vitamin and D3 emulsion (sublingual). The D3 product I take is from Biotics Research. A bottle lasts me about one year. You can google it to find sources. Sublingual D3 is more effectively absorbed than a pill. I get all the calcium I need from my diet. You can research to find calcium rich foods.

I don't take any calcium supplements and I am also in Osteopenia. However, I opted to do HRT Pellets for the last 10 + years. My previous Osteoporosis continued to get worse each year although I was doing patches and creams to try to address the problem. My doctor at the time wanted me to take biphosphonates. Since they are really poisonous and cause many problems, I decided to find a better solution. Since switching to the HRT Pellets, my Osteoporosis has improved to the point it was 23 years ago and is now classified as Osteopenia. I am 70 years old now. If you can have HRT Pellets, they typically improve bone density by about 10% each year.

Best wishes and prayers for your health.

Sincerely,

JoAnn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.