Osteoporosis & Tail Bone Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with osteoporosis a little under a year ago.

About 3 weeks ago, completely out of the blue, the right side of my tail bone started to hurt a lot. I had not experienced a fall or sustained any injury. It has continued to hurt since then. The pain sometimes flares up when walking or sitting in certain positions. It feels better when sitting on an ice pack.

Could this be osteoporosis related? Has anyone experienced similar? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't think it is related to your osteoporosis. I have other things happening in my back apart from osteoporosis. I have arthritis, mild scoliosis and two bulging discs and it is the latter causing all my problems. There may be a nerve going down into my  sacroiliac area because I cannot sit on hard chairs and am limited with walking and standing. 

An Xray will show up if you have osteoarthritis which I have in shoulders and knees as well. I do not know your age but that could be an indicator for arthritis. 

• Posted

I also had this many years ago, but the cause was never discovered. If you have not injured this area, it could be a weak tendon or ligament. It usually corrects itsself in a few weeks or months. My pain stopped as quickly as it started with no treatment. I did not have osteoperosis at this time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.