OT/I'm a bit puzzled

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have always gotten email notifications on my posts, etc...got notifications on everything actually......then they stopped coming and I thought the forum was just taking a big break and then realized something is wrong here...

Talked to the moderator, all my settings are just as they've always been and there seems to be some kind of a glitch here...

Anyone else relate to this?J

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joy,  I've had a bit of that while ago.  Then my husband installed Google Chrome and I had better access.  For some reason the Microsoft search engine didn't do the job that well anymore.
  • Posted

Hi Joy--I haven't had that with this forum yet, but I have with other websites and was able to trace it to my servers.  When I have downloaded new versions of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, various problems have remitted (and sometimes new ones created).  Might download another version of your server in case something has gotten corrupted on the files.  Good luck.  --Suzanne
    • Posted

Thanks, I did something last night and messed things up more...I'm so un techie....I work on an XP which is old and have a newer windows 7 on the floor to be installed.....so used to this XP and just need to make the change.  All this stuff costs so much moola and my fixed income makes it tougher to spend spend spend....
    • Posted

I hear you!  I'm afraid that I mess things up too when I try to fix them!  Good luck getting to the bottom of this technical issue!
  • Posted

I just spent close to one hour with Verizon my internet provider...they are having issues with Internet Explorer and I saw that over the last week or so.....so it is true.

The technician made chrome google my main browser and set it all to work RIGHT I  hope.....so here's hoping......  Thanks for your support all.   J

• Posted

Hi Joy,

As per my PM to you and for other users who may have this issue there is an FAQ here http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/437095-i-do-not-receive-notification-emails-or-the-regist

I asked the developers to check things this end and their reply is below so it seems the issues you had with Verizon caused this. You should now get the emails again.

Regards,

Alan

This email address was on bounce list because of multiple rejections from the mail provider. I’ve now removed it, so as long as her mail provider is working correctly, it should work now. 

Rejections are usually because of a full mailbox, mistyped address or some other issue with the mail provider that causes the message to be rejected.

• Posted

Well whatever happened and I now use Google Chrome vs Internet Explorer as of yesterday, I had a mailbox full of replies this  morning....

I'm told Internet Explorer and my carrier have been having problems ...good to see this fixed....thanks all and universe.    J

• Posted

Great to hear!  These things are not easy to track down, particularly for those like me not savvy with technology!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.