Otex ear wax softener

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been using using Otex and Otex Express. First application of Otex immediately blocked my ear. I continue to use it because I read that this is part of the Otex treatment - it expands the wax, and blocks the ear. However, the video for Otex Express shows the product entering the ear and breaking the wax into small pieces and leaving through the ear canal. This has not been my experience. My ears are still blocked and when food repeats the ear will pop.

I have switched to olive oil.

Has anybody else on the site had this or a similar experience?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Tallulah here:

Happy to report that I have managed to clear the affected ear.

After first using Otex, which blocked the ear, switching to over the counter remedy, olive oil, back to Otex, this time "Express" - no use - and than reverting to olive oil again with no results other than the popping sounds already described. I finally found a solution that worked for me, after over two futile an annoying weeks.

I applied another dose of olive oil, placed a microwaved heating pad wrapped in a tea towel on the ear for 10 minutes, lying on my right side, and then turned over onto my left side with the affected ear on the heating pad, without the tea towel as it had cooled, and fell asleep for about an hour. Got up made a cup of coffee, and suddenly, the ear popped again, and I could hear.

I shall keep the appointment with my surgery, as it should be looked at, but the heat did it - at last.

I do hope this post may be of help to others who may be experiencing similar symptoms, but be careful applying heat directly to the ear. Ensure that it is of a comfortable temperature and not so hot that it will burn your ear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.