other benefits

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hiya guys,

This is about my daughter again, right the thing is, she has a job and has had for almost 2 months, but she has only worked 3 days and that's when the business first opened. (new establishment) but they said they will call her in once they have more customers, of course I had to tell the council so they now want wage slips due to housing benefit. but as she is still not being called in yet and has no money would she be entitled to any other sort of benefits while waiting. even with her conditions she has been good and looking for weekend work to tie her over. and yes I made she she got to work and back when she did the 3 days. thing is if she goes onto universal credit she will still have to look for work even though she has a job. just after some advice if anyone has any. tia

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

The best advice is to leave that job as clearly they are exploiting your daughter. 3 days in 2 months? Frankly that's a p*** take and all the while the Council will believe she should be contributing to the rent when she is earning the square root of sod all.

Your daughter would be better off claiming ESA to be honest.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi anthony,

thank you for all your help on the PIP tribunal, I know have a month to make a plea to the upper tribunal but as said we decided against, how long should I give it to try again, or should I wait till she has had the referral to the hospital and stuff like that, and also Don't they do assessments on ESA too?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You need a material change of circumstances. If your daughter's medication is increased and this in turn leads to more personal care (monitoring a health condition for starters) then you would have reason to make a new claim.

Yes there are assessments for ESA but considering your daughters sensitive epilepsy she would be unable to do a range of work including anything to do with computers (flashing screens) or any out door work.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I would say job seekers allowance, you can earn up to a certain amount each week before they close your claim. These zero hours contracts are common now and frankly, disgusting! I'm not sure though if jsa gas been replaced by ESA. Someone here will know 😉

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, you know where all these benefits keep changing I dont know my backside from anything else lol. it's not helping us to be honest as I only get carers for looking after my eldest daughter and income support that is fortnightly which isnt a lot to live on. when she signed up to work he asked what hours and she said from 8.30 till 3.30 mon - fri, which he put her down for but it seems as it's a new establishment they don't have enough clientel at the moment, it's a total nightmare, as we don't gete tax credits for her anymore so of course only living on very little, I wanted to run away and hide. thank you

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

To be honest if I even thought that this would happen - ie after the first week of no work - I would have walked away from the job.

It seems to me that the employer knows full well that your daughter needs them more than they need her. No way would I have accepted that situation. If I am willing to give my time and energy but the employer isn't willing to meet me half way then that is their problem not mine.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up