Other knee needs replaced

Posted , 9 users are following.

i an 52 year old woman. I Had TkR on my left knee in APRIL 2015. I didnt feel completely healed for 2 years and it still bothers me. I now need me right knee done and have been postponing it because of my experience with my left knee. I hear people say its the best thing they've ever no. That they're pain free. I know i have a very low pain tolerance. Any advice????

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,i had my first TKR 15 months ago,hard recovery but its fantastic,had my 2nd TKR just over 3 weeks ago and going through the first 6 weeks of hell,dont think ive slept since ive had it done , exactly the same as last time, but its nothing to the arthritis crippling pain i had before so its hell now but i know how good its it will be so no regrets for me.

• Posted

I know how you feel had my left knee done a year ago the pain is better but the knee is not right dont have full bend and the dr says it is what it is my right one also needs to be done I'm also hesitant already cant get up from the floor not sure what I would do if the right turned out like the left

• Posted

hi i'm 63had my op in june it has been pure hell one thing after another this site is great you hear lots of positive story's and a few not so good. i need my left knee doing but until the right gets re done its a no no. i was so positive about my op so feel very disappointed that it did not work but as long as they put it right i will be fine i'm looking forward to being pain free and that day cant come quick enough

• Posted

I had my left knee done this year and WILL NEVER have another knee replacement.

• Posted

Hi mart, I'm with you on that...I had my TKR done in June this year and it is still stiff and sore especially when I get up in the morning or after sitting for a while...I wish I never got it done, I've noticed I'm walking flat footed and like I'm 20 years older than I am.. I feel I've forgotten how to walj normally and I can't use only one leg to come down stairs or up the stairs or on the pavement, I can't do alternate steps with alternate legs 😤😔😡

• Posted

Hi, I had my right knee done May 17,17 and the left August 23,17 I don't regret it for a minute. The only problems I have are some stiffness when I don't do my regular exercises. I have some nerve pain but I also have disc problems which is where the nerve pain is coming from. One word of advice, I had completely different experiences with each knee, so don't expect to feel the same with the second as you did with the first. My right knee progressed quickly, I had mobility and strength to drive by week 3. The left knee was more painful and took much longer to gain mobility and strength. I certainly don't regret my decision to have them done. Before the TKRs I avoided walking even a block now I go where I want without a second thought. Whatever you decide good luck

• Posted

Hi, I had my right knee done May 17,17 and the left August 23,17 I don't regret it for a minute. The only problems I have are some stiffness when I don't do my regular exercises. I have some nerve pain but I also have disc problems which is where the nerve pain is coming from. One word of advice, I had completely different experiences with each knee, so don't expect to feel the same with the second as you did with the first. My right knee progressed quickly, I had mobility and strength to drive by week 3. The left knee was more painful and took much longer to gain mobility and strength. I certainly don't regret my decision to have them done. Before the TKRs I avoided walking even a block now I go where I want without a second thought. Whatever you decide good luck

• Posted

• Posted

Go to another surgeon , ask around , if you arenot happy with first one . Ask what brand implant they use and find out about it . I had one 7 years ago and 1 year ago , the recent one is better , new methods etc . Good luck

• Posted

Hilotr had mine done March 2018 and going to get other knee done In March. Best thing I've done. Yes it's extremely painful but for the end result pain-free it's worth it. Remember it takes time plenty of rest medication and ice ice ice. If your knee is that painful now why live with the pain when you can get rid. Good luck whatever decision you take

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.