Other skin conditions and LS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Folks, Just wondering if anyone else experiences over sensitive skin with LS .... I have flare ups of what seems like eczema or dermatitis. My body and limbs seem to be effected at the moment and the itching is effecting my sleep. My face is also spotty at the moment .... I feel like a freak, I am becoming more and more insular and avoiding doing the thing that i enjoyed. Any advice ? Feeling low

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i know when a flare up is coming the palms of my hands itch

• Posted

Thanks, I am unfortunate enough to suffer from vulva Anal and skin LS ... I am also in Menopause this is when the symptoms started. Although i will say that that the genital LS has improved recently but the skin is defiantly very prominent at the moment . Thankfully i am due to see the Dermatologist next month .. So fingers crossed this is just a minor flare up .

• Posted

janemary, most, though not all, of the women here with LS are menopausal or post and experience it on their vulva and anal areas. Some have mentioned having it on their bodies but those may be primarily younger people. You would have to go back and read older threads. I am most definitely post menopause and was just diagnosed last spring. So far it is limited in scope and even more so now that I have been using a steroid, but I don't trust it to stay that way. Certainly is a looming presence in one's life.

• Posted

looming...thats not a word i would have thought about but it has changed my entire life and unfortunately has gotten worse i also was diagnosed post menopause, 4 years ago

• Posted

The word that best describes my trying to figure out how to control this bizarre disease has been flailing, but I have now added looming to my uncertain journey as I follow other members of this unfortunate club and experience my own unwelcome symptoms .

My gyn was very nice about being open to my trying just about anything but was very clear that the only thing proven to control it was steroids and that there were no cures.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.