Other than symptoms, how do angina attacks make you feel?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have had 2 yrs of issues with angina which earlier this year was labelled as Prinzmetal angina. 

I go through period - often months with nothing but then it starts up again. I still have no idea what sets it off. 

My question is; other than the actual symptoms during the attacks, how do you feel following them. 

In my case, I am totally weak & zapped of energy and just feel totally rubbish which can last through the next day too. 

I'm just curious to hear other peoples experiences I guess. 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi  I was   Diagnosed  with angina around 11 months ago an  have had no problems until last night .  I had my first  serious  attack . I used my spray an within minutes felt better . But I couldn't sleep  then managed to have a few hour . My problem is this morning I have a headache  my left eyes is weeping an  feels sore an my  neck aches an I'm  exhausted  . Iv rang my GP an they just told me to rest for a few days . My question is is this normal ? Will it be like this all the time it's really put me down 😩

• Posted

Hi Nadia I'm no expert but when my angina comes on apart from the pain it drains me but the gtn spray works.just got to work out it's trigger so I don't do massive excersise but steady away.are you on angina tablets if not try your go and good luck.

• Posted

I'm on angina meds an blood pressure meds . I just feel life less an still got headache it's not shifting . I don't feel as  anxious  as I was this morning .  Suppose  il have to get used to what triggers it off an not to get so worked up after wards . Not been able to go to work today so that again is a worry . 

• Posted

I feel weak, breathless and very poorly, almost as though i could pass out and the colour drains from my face. Heart disease symptoms are very unique and when you first experience them you are often alerted to the fact that something is very wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.