Other treatment

Posted , 6 users are following.

HELLO, I HAVE FIBROM AND I HAVE PAIN ALL OVET MY BODY, IM ON NEPROXIN ANS PARACETAMOL, BUT ITS NOT HELPING, CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ANYTHING ELSE? Xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi chantal 1998 Their are other medications your gp can try you on like morphine pain pathches, lyrica, gabistan, their may be others but cant remeber their names.go back to your gp and say the tablets your taking arnt helping, its finding what meds work for you and what doesnt its trial error with fibro.take care x
  • Posted

Paracetamol doesn't do anything for me, I take Iburprofen for pain relief but you have to be careful if you have stomach problems. 
  • Posted

Hi,

Amitriptyline tablets are also prescribed in the UK, they are an anti depressant but also a muscle relaxant, they help with sleep too. Can leave you a bit groggy next day but very effective once established

Chris

• Posted

Hiya.Chantal,..Amithriptilyne is  the only med I take for Fibro...gives me a great pain free sleep..- no pain..still feel a tad drowsy waking up...but that sleep is what makes this Fibro manageable for me..only get flare ups now..once  it was just constant  pain almost everywhere and sleepless nights..I take it 7pm before bed..it really does work wonders ( for me..that is,) we are all very different..I take 25 mg...never had it increased either ...started on 50mg but I was like a zombie...all the next day..dropped to 10mg for a while-still not too good but 25 mg is perfect for me..it is actually an antidepressant that works excellent for pain..it numbs the nerve ends and stops the pain from jumping on to the next nerve..hence a very painful body...the antidepressant is probably a lil bonus as most of get depressed from time to time..yes it does knock me out to give me that great sleep which is just sooo needed, to be able to deal with the pain etc the next day..but once I'm up and dressed..I'm fine.....Its great...16yrs down the track..have to be woken up in the morning..but once up and about I'm just fine.....when I was first on them I was like a zombie..but it's like a miracle med for me... it takes a while to settle in. ..also, please remember that less stress is the key to Fibro....be blessed..have a lovely day..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Hi Chantal

Have you considered herbal remedies.  Message me privately if you need more info.  These remedies are all natural so will not harm your body.

I have suffered of pains for over 20yrs and was only diagnosed Aug 2014 with Fibro.  I don't like to take meds, but at the start of 2015 I tried some herbal remedies and although it takes a few months to see the effects I can honestly say I am pain free with only tiredness and sleep issues but I am working on that too now.

I here to offer advise so please message for more info.

Take care wink xx

• Posted

There is all type of medication however, you may have to go through a few to find the solution good luck and don't be afraid to discuss your options

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.