Otitis externa

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had Otitis External for over 7 months now and permanent buzzing in ear. I have had 5 courses of antibiotics, 2 courses of otomise and. 3 different antibiotic ear drops. The pain now is on the right side of my neck and radiating along my jawline. I have also seen an ENT consultant privately and he diagnosed a ear canal infection. My right cheek is also swollen.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

How are you now Marion? I have been suffering with outer ear infection for a few months now mine seems to come and go! My ears get very dry and flaky and then I get tinnitus and sometimes discharge plus pain and itchy. I also get the pain along my jaw and face. I’ve had two rounds of oral antibiotics and otomise spray but it keeps coming back. I saw an ENT two weeks ago he said it looksd like Exzema, he didn’t seem concerned for some reason! He’s organic a hearing test but I’m more concerned about why this is happening and if it’s serious. What did your ENT suggest?
    • Posted

After seeing an ENT Consultant privately, I now have been diagnosed with Myofascial Pain Syndrome.  A very debilitating and painful condition, very difficult to treat.  I am being referred to have a CT scan of my face as my right cheek is very swollen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.