Otomize

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been spraying my ear with otomize because of an outer ear infection. I also have a nazal spray for sinus problems. It had to happen: I squirted optomize into my nostril.  So far, no ill effects, but they do tell you to contact your GP if you swallow the stuff, and not to put it in the ears of eyes.

Does it matter? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello I was diagnosed with the same thing, Otitis externa NOS on my online medical notes on 23 Aug. Went to the doctors again last night and looked in left ear and said its red and inflammed and ear infection this time on notes is Otitis media NOS. So googled and the last one is the middle ear. First time given the spay like you have for my ear, this time antibiotics Ciprofloxacin 500mg tablets

One To Be Taken Twice A Day and just taken my first one today, but told not to take it with milk, in fact no milk two hrs before or two hrs afterwards. Thats hard as like cups of tea or coffee.

Like you I also use a steriod nasal spray, mine is for  chronic rhinitis which I have had for years and years. Have you ever had ear infections before, has this now cleared up for you?

• Posted

I've had ear infections before, years ago , and was given a different spray, something like betnovate. That worked, painful at first though.

But only in the outer ear. My concern was that I inhaled it by mistake  at 630 am today, and wondered whether I'd caused any damage. It doesn't seem that I had.

If rhinitis means running nose, I have it. I am on memetosone furorate. I sniffed the Optomize in mistake for the m f.

• Posted

So u googled if sniffed? what did it say? does your nose hurt?

So when u have had eat infections before have they caused hearing loss?

Do you get tinnitus with ear infection and a feeling like fluid in ear hinged up full feeling?

• Posted

Googled, but no comments found. My nose doesn't hurt, so I suppose it doesn't matter. Yes I have hearing loss, but it's attributed to wax;  mild tinnitus, but feeling like fluid in the ear as if the hearing aid were still in. 

Hearing aids can cause infection. They have to be kept clean, sterilize with steradent (you can gues how ancient I am.) They also cause wax to build up, becasue it has no outlet. After a while, the ear builds up defences against thus .

Never, ever, use baby buds to remove wax. Never put anything in the ear unless you absolutely have to.  If your ear itches, leave it!

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.