Ouch

Posted , 5 users are following.

had my op last Thursday and just now while walking back in the living room caught my foot against my walking stick and tripped god the pain that shot through my knee brought tears to my eyes so am now sat on the sofa with leg elevated and ice pack and taken pain meds

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon

You are doing the best thing. I think it is more of a fear factor as well. I was 4 days post op when I had a fall. I was so frightened that I had damaged something. I did exactly what you are doing now. Give it an hour or so and walk again and see how it feel.

Let us know.

Take care.

• Posted

Have been up walking not too bad but will take it easy for the rest of the evening and let it settle down 
  • Posted

I can sympathize with you. You are going to have pain. Ice and pain meds for awhile.Time PT and exercise will lessen the pain..I am three months and I mostly have tightness and swelling. Good Luck
    • Posted

Hi Brenda I am 12 weeks this week. It seems that tightness and swelling seems to be the norm don't you think.

My recovery is excellent I'm so pleased with it. I am returning to work on 15th April. Will see then as my job intails a lot of being on my feet. I'm optimistic though.

Good luck with yours keep up the good work

• Posted

Hi Sharon,poor u well l can match that l am 11 wks post op last week l had to go to my office for my back to work interview as l am due back to work next week,my husband drove me down to near the office l was shouting at him to stop the car anywhere near as l was running late, he was arguing l can go round the roundabout and get u nearer l screamed stop stop here l will run across, l was so agitated l got out the car far to quickly catching my foot on the pavement l was hurled forward screaming trying to stop mysel from hitting the ground which l just about managed,l tried to compose myself with my heart racing looking back at my husband who was shaking his head,l can tell you l felt such an idiot and did my op leg hurt it had pulled a muscle behind knee and has hindered me all wk with my exercises,the moral just be so so careful ,
    • Posted

Omg, luckily I didn't go down it just jarred the knee but the pain that shot through it have just rested it all day and iced it will try with the exercises again tomorrow this is the second knee I've had done so should know to be careful lol 
    • Posted

Well at just over a year since the tkr on one knee thought I would try the big exercise bike instead of the small pedicycle, which I still use twice a day fab for loosening the joints. Got on it the wrong way round - new knee leg first then tried to climb through the middle, pulled the whole thing down. Dog thought it was great to give me a wash and husband cocked a deaf ear to all my shouting. After. Tentative move of leg managed to roll over and pull myself up hobbled down the stairs and told husband luckily we both have a sense of humour to go with my bruises knee ok just stiff for a few days and hurt pride

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.