OUCH, OUCH, OUCH....SEVERE LEG PAIN

Posted , 3 users are following.

MY LATEST B-12 LEVEL IS 208 NG/L, IN THE PAST I HAVE EXHIBITED NEUROLOGICAL SYMPTOMS ONCE MY LEVELS NEAR THE 300'S. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I HAVE NEVER HAD A LEVEL IN THE 200'S AND THE LEG PAIN I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING IS BEYOND EXCRUCIATING!!! I HAVE RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, FIBROMYALGIA, AND PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY SO I AM NO STRANGER TO PAIN, BUT THIS PAIN THAT I HAVE BEEN ENDURING IS UNBAREABLE!!! HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS SYMPTOM, AND IF SO, HOW LONG AFTER TREATMENT WAS STARTED DID THE SYMPTOM IMPROVE/GO AWAY?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What treatment are you having for your low B12?

Do you know what your Folate level is?

Have you been diagnosed with P.A?

• Posted

AT THIS TIME I'M BEING TREATED WITH CYANOCOBALAMIN INFECTIONS ONCE A WEEK. I AM NOT SURE WHAT MY FOLATE LEVEL IS RIGHT OFF HAND. I HAVE HAD P.A. IN THE PAST, HOWEVER MY MMA LEVEL IS NORMAL AT THIS TIME DESPITE MY DEFICIENT B-12 LEVEL.

• Posted

If you have a definite diagnosis of Pernicious Anaemia (P.A.) then it's for life and that is what your cyanocobamalin injedctions are for.

I guess that being on cyanocobamalin you are not in the U.K?

Have you only just started (or restarted) having the injections?

It is not uncommon for some neurological symptoms to appear to get worse before they get better. Take this as a sign that the B12 is repairing the damage done to your nervous system but if they don't improve go back to your doctor.  It would also be a good idea to ask to have your Folate level checked as this works with your iron and the B12 you are having injected.

I am not a medically trained person but have had P.A. for 45 years and am still "clivealive" at 75.

I wish you well 

• Posted

IT APPEARS THAT MY LAST FOLATE LEVEL WAS DONE BACK IN NOVEMBER AND WAS NORMAL AT 8.7 NG/L, BUT THAT IS BY "MEDICAL" STANDARDS. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A PATIENT THAT DOESN'T FOLLOW THE "NORM" SO TO SPEAK. MY CURRENT B12 LEVEL IS 208, BUT I START HAVE NEUROLOGICAL SYMPTOMS ONCE MY LEVEL DROPS BELOW 400.

I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY, AND HERNIATED DISCS IN MY BACK SO I AM NO STRANGER TO PAIN, BUT THE PAIN I HAVE EXPERIENCED WITH THIS PARTICULAR DEFICIENCY EPISODE HAS BEEN MADDENING!!! I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON THE B12 INJECTIONS 2 WEEKS THUS FAR, OF COURSE WITH NO RELIEF, I JUST PRAY THAT I GET SOME RELIEF SOON.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.