ould pots like symptoms that go undiagnosed cause a enlarged heart? How long would it take for the h

Posted , 4 users are following.

My fast heart rate (sinus tachycardia) started when i was about 17-18. I was a healthy active kid up until i got dropped from high school and i isolated myself from everyone except family and literally sat in a room playing video games all day everyday. Didnt eat much, not alot of water... I was sabotaging myself and i didnt even know it. I honestly was depressed. Then came pots. My heart was plummeting to around 100-300 bpm just from walking or attempting to walk. I felt really desperate and i bet the cause of my symptoms were lack of certain nutrients, magnesium, potassium... Etc. I went to a cardiologist, got a full workup and my heart looked 100 percent perfectly normal. I then tried beta blockers (big mistake) Metoprolol was not bad, but it gave me sharp chest pains so i got off it. Could it be that these sharp chest pains were caused by lack of potassium or magnesium while taking beta blockers, which was my heart telling me this is a mistake? Long story short... I was enormously uninformed on the effects of not getting enough magnesium, potassium, etc for the heart. I would have never tried meds. The cardiologists i went to didnt even acknowledge that or test me for low levels. I didnt have a pcp at the time. Its almost 1 year later and im still in the same boat. But now, my heart does not beat the same. Compared to before, it feels as if my heart has a much more forceful and stronger pump. Which would indicate a enlarged heart, or possibly heart block? Growing up i had absolutely no awareness of my heartbeat... Even when i use to exercise. That feeling feels so distant now because it feels like im getting 24/7 palpitations. I could feel my heart all the time and i now have high blood pressure, and i didnt have this before. Will my heart ever be the same again? It feels as if i completely sabotaged my heart and precipated heart problems that i didnt have rolleyes .I hope to get another echo soon any advice would help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you have anxiety?
    • Posted

To be honest bro, my symptoms all started with a panic attack that i had one night when i felt a chest pain that freaked me out. That was when i was 17, i just turned 19 a month ago. I was having some bad anxiety and panic attacks and thats when the pvc's came. I honestly believe the anxiety and adrenaline caused my body to deplete certain nutrients, which was the culprit of the pvc's. I dont have panic attacks no more i literally grew out of them... I dont know what was going through my mind at that time.
  • Posted

Dear cristian

Much sympathy for your heart problem.

I have ectopic beats which are extra to the normal rhythm though not palpitations. I have a slightly enlarged heart which was diagnosed in childhood but have been told this is not the cause of my problem.

I had a blood test yesrerday to check levels of magnesium etc get results next week.

The only things I have found which helps me at all is controlled breathing and sitting in an upright position leaning forward not always possible but it may help if you have the chance.

Good luck.

Gap.

• Posted

If your doctor found that you have low levels, then you should ask him or her if you should take supplements. They really help! Also, i would lay off foods with high levels of msg and salt. I find that when i eat food high in these minerals, my heart would act differently. I get forceful pulps and beats on and off throughout the day. I also get chest pains and even dizzy. I experienced this for the past 6 months. It happens several times a day. However, i know its anxiety as well. I had a stress test, echo, blood work, heart holter, and 7 ekgs and my heart is normal. Actually perfectly healthy. My doctor says my chances of sudden cardiac death is almost 0. I am doing so much better because i eat healthy. Im on a low calorie and gluten free diet. Im female, 27, 5'7 130lbs. By the way, gluten can really olay with your heart also. I get stomach issues, really bad pulps, severe dizziness, headaches, fatigue, and a achy body when i eat things with gluten. 5 weeks of gluten free and im feeling so much better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.