Our Funny Stories of When We Were Young! Well, we've all been there once!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know many people read my posts, more so the funny moments of my life, and there's been many of them.

I would have posted my baby photo but at the moment it's a bit difficult when we have a lot going on to make my life a little easier, if that's at all possible!

I know we have a baby photo of me, I was quite a big 'dumpling' baby - so my parents nick named me "Buda" - that was actually quite embarressing back then, not that I remember much of my first few years anyway!

Let's start with the letter 'A' = Accidents!

Yes, I was accident prone - my first recollection was in the first week of the Infant School. I always remember saying bye to my mother then running into the frontdoors of the school, (yes I forgot to open them first!) I didn't do too much damage apart from giving myself a huge nosebleed.

I didn't learn my lesson with those two doors. I gave them another good 'face-plant' in the second year and knocked my top two front teeth out.

'B' = Bins (The huge metal round ones at school)

I expect many of you remember playing British Bulldog or Tag? Well, on a nice day we were playing it in morning break, and me not looking where I was going decided to have a fight with the huge School Bin. Guess what, the Bin beat me, and I ended up in A&E - this time more damage, I fractured my wrist, so that was plastered up for 6 weeks! Looking back it now I just laugh about all the dumb things I've done in my life!

'C' = Cups

This was another game we played in the Junior School, it may have been called something else depending where you are from. Basically, one person cupped their hands together by inter-locking their fingers together and then someone else would have to come along and try and get your hands apart. Me, being really clever still had my cast on from the fractured wrist. A kid come up to me and said come on then get my hands apart with one hand...I laughed and said "Okay" and whacked my cast on both of his hands, well it worked! But I ended up having the cane off the Headmaster for being an idiot, because I could of broken his fingers! lol...

I'll type a few more up later...razz

Regards,

Les.

P.S - I was a good boy at school really, it was everyone else that was naughty!

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

'D' = Daft 

In infants school there was a boy called George and I'm Georgia. For some reason we couldn't stand each other and we were always fighting in the playground. Everyone would be screaming with delight George and Georgia are fighting and would gather round egging us on! It was the highlight of their play time. cheesygrin

• Posted

LOL... So, thats how you met George? heheelol
    • Posted

Yeah I don't think he remembers me, he was my teacher. Hehehe
  • Posted

A bit of nostalgia eh Les?

You can't beat it.

• Posted

True... A bit of nostalgia never hurts anyone, well when it is fun that is!

• Posted

'E' Extremely stupid!

You know those metal horizontal bars we used to have in infants schools? I was spinning around rolly pollying on one once and my hands slipped so I landed on my head on concrete. Explains a lot about me! lol

By the way I don't mean  I was stupid, I mean they were stupid for having concrete under dangerous playground operatus! eek

• Posted

'F' = Fibroids.

Our English teacher suffered badly with them, and as if by magic we always knew the extent of her suffering on any particular day.

I wonder how?

• Posted

I'm intrigued archemedes, how? Don't know anything about them. question
    • Posted

Uterine fibroids are usually non-cancerous growths that grow within the uterus, probably the most common of the benign variety being the fibroleiomyoma.

The patient can suffer with extremely heavy and painful periods, which in the case of our English teacher showed itself by temper tantrums.

The class know-all made it his business to find out what the problem was, and overheard a conversation between the teacher and the school nurse where problem was referred to. Unfortunately, because he relayed the wrong information, in our infinite ignorance we thought she suffered with hemorrhoids which not only complicated our understanding of the issue, but also gave rise to the name she was referred to which was, 'pain in the a.......' .

• Posted

Oh so that's what they are. Yes I understand getting bad tempered through being ill. Wouldn't want me around children when I'm in a bad mood! eek
    • Posted

I really don't think that she had a choice.

Having said that, I look back at her with admiration and fond memories.

I learned much later that she was a spinster and remained so for all of her life, and that is probably why teaching was her life.

I actually went to her funeral and was surprised to see so many of her old pupils there, all of whom thought the same as me. 

Despite everything she had succeeded in gaining our respect. 

• Posted

There's an old lady down the road that I love a lot. She was a teacher, never married, so full of love. Once she said 'I wish I'd had a child' and I said you've had lots of children because you were a teacher and I'm your child because she's looked after me.
  • Posted

"F" = Fall

Don't Ever Try This At Home!!

It was a really nice hot day, and I was delivering newspapers riding my racing bike (That bike was cursed I think!). There was me riding along with my high collar buttoned shirt undone partially!! And what came along, a huge bumble bee flew in to my shirt, I ripped my shirt buttons off trying to get it off as quickly as possible. Well, he flew out and left me with a large dam sting in my chest (he didn't have the decency to even pay me rent for lodging there! lol).

I cycled to the pharmacy and the pharmicist took it out with a pair of tweezers. And cleaned my elbow up - that was streaming with blood because I fell off the bike and got gravel embedded in my elbow!

I could never do that trick again! Dam, Bumble Bees!!

• Posted

Opps! Already an F, I'm slow.. excuse me! Meds!! LOL
    • Posted

There's plenty of the alphabet left! cheesygrin
    • Posted

I was doing my homework and I felt a tickly feeling on my head so I put my hand on my head to see what it was and a bumble bee or wasp stung my hand! Flippin' hurts doesn't it. I shouldn't have been so curious because it probably would have flown away if I hadn't investigated. lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.